• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just a thought, but could it be that Babs.....

Admin

is playing with our minds concerning Leon? Think about it, last year we didnt play him much because we didnt want him increasing his value so that teams wouldnt ask for him in a trade. Now all of the sudden we are hearing about him having personal problems and leaving for Chicago and this and that plus we are now hearing rumors of us trading JT away. Could it be that we are trying to protect ourselves from having to give Leon up? Maybe Babs has created a smokescreen with him and told him to take a mini-vacation while we work a trade and get him some more playing time. Why wouldnt we have just released Leon when all that stuff came out about him? Doesnt make sense to me unless this is what Babs has in mind. Any thoughts?

No question, Pete doesn't like the decisions that Leon has made this summer.

Pete said that "while we have been trying to keep the experiment alive, at this point it doesn't look good".

He doesn't have to make a decision until they need to trim the roster down, so Leon will get more chances, but at this point there is no smoke screen re: Leon, just disappointment.

He might not have given Leon his outright release due to trade possibilities; by retaining his non-guaranteed contract, we maintain our ability to package him in a trade and use him as an "upside" cap filler player. If anyone else wants to take a risk on him, be my guest!

Dolfan23 I really wish this was a smokescreen, even if he isn't having a family crisis we should give Leon another chance he is a key to us becoming something more than a first round loser. Besides we don't know the nature of his trip to chicago, his grandmother could be on her death bed in which case I don't blame him one bit for missing camp. But back to the subject Dolfan23 I want you to be serious you and I both know Babcock is a fool what on earth makes you think he would be smart enough to try to hide Leon's true value. Remember this is the same clown who embarrassed then waived I.Rider who could have easily been trade bait if the organization hadn't felt the need to humiliate him.

I'm actually somewhat annoyed that you think that idiot babcock has the ability for analytical thought or stategem.