• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well if this deal is really a 3/4 team trade......

Admin

If Spreewell were going to Minn, the payoff was supposed to be Miller and Brandon.

If Miller/Brandon were going to Cleveland....

Could the payoff be:

Miller/Big Z/Jones??

Let see:

JT/Hendu/Nazr for Miller/BigZ/Jones?

If that were the case......

we'd have:

Miller/DD

DJ/Glover/Ira

Jones/Toni/CC

SAR/Haslem (or Smith)

Theo/Big Z.

Somehow... I can't see us getting this.

Although a lot of that makes sense.....

But if Miller/Brandon could get Big Z, Miller, Jones, why wouldn't Minn do that outright?? They could still use a 1.... and a 2.

Who knows.

Straight from the Knicks board so far......here is a link to the thread also......LINK TO THREAD

In reply to:

Author Rumored 3 way trade getting serious press here in Atlanta

TKF

Real GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 16:33

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am listening to sports radio here in Atlanta. they are about to interview Frank Isola of the Daily news about the validity of this rumor. He is comming on radio here in about 5 minutes....I also heard the knicks are asking for Demar Johnson and Nazr Mohammed..Stay tuned..

Lottery or Bust!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

profile edit quote reply

Boss

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 16:52

Is that in addition to Terry?

Poor man wannabe rich, rich man wannabe king, and a king ain't satisfied till he owns everything...

profile edit quote reply

TKF

Real GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 16:56

No. the knicks are trying to get miller, Nazr and Demarr, while the hawks get Spree, othella and Ilgaugas from cleveland, and cleveland gets terry, glover and another filler...That would give cleveland 2 good young players to deal with....

Lottery or Bust!!!

profile edit quote reply

allan houston is tha great one

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 16:59

Tkf can u keep me updated on what happening on the radio caz im all the way in jamaica so i cant listen to it.

"¤WãHðÖ Ðã © G®êáT óÑë¤"

profile mail edit quote reply

Boss

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 16:59

Damn, hope we can pull it off. That's a steal.

Poor man wannabe rich, rich man wannabe king, and a king ain't satisfied till he owns everything...

profile edit quote reply

TKF

Real GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:05

Isola was just on the radio. he said that it's just more than a rumor. The knicks know they need to trade spree or Houston and since Houston has the big deal, spree is the most tradeable. Atlanta also likes spree and thinks that with his size is a better fit at the SG spot than terry since Dickau will be running the point..Which leads me to ask, whe did we not just draft Dickau???? He looked good in summer league.. I will keep you posted if I hear more...

Lottery or Bust!!!

profile edit quote reply

Luv those Knicks

Real GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:10

Wow. Are the Hawks stupid or what?

Got to wait to see what happens, but Jason Terry really stepped up last year - yes, as a PG.

sounds like a sweet deal if it happens.

Post intelligently or not at all. :-)

NYK-Nupe

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:11

TKF....(Boogie Down connection)

I'm in Atlanta as well but I don't have a radio in my office. Keep us posted on the happenings. IMO, we don't get Miller, Nazr, AND DeMarr. Atlanta and Cleveland would press charges for Rape against the Knicks. Plus, I think Cleveland can still get more from LAC for Miller.

[ This Message was edited by: NYK-Nupe on 2002-07-19 12:14 ]

Nasty Nupe

profile edit quote reply

allan houston is tha great one

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:12

sounds good so far i hope this one goes tru.

"¤WãHðÖ Ðã © G®êáT óÑë¤"

KnickzIn2050

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:14

This is just getting 2 be just downright stupid. Why the hell would cleveland want terry when they have another undersized SG? This is the time of year when we hear the knicks in every trade you can think of. I know how it ends. We don't get anybody good.

profile edit quote reply

NYK-Nupe

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:15

Quote:

On 2002-07-19 13:14, KnickzIn2050 wrote:

This is just getting 2 be just downright stupid. Why the hell would cleveland want terry when they have another undersized SG? This is the time of year when we hear the knicks in every trade you can think of. I know how it ends. We don't get anybody good.

I kind of agree.

Nasty Nupe

profile edit quote reply

Toine85

Real GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:15

It doesn't make any sense for Cleveland to have two (yes, count them two) SGs in Terry and Wagner, who are 6'2." At least Miller is more of a true PG, while Terry isn't.

NY Knick Forever--Van Gundy..and get some damn sleep!

profile aim edit quote reply

The_Voice

Real GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:17

let me put it this way. If Layden pulls this off, he is seriously GM of the year. Although, I don't think Naz is our answer at center. We could still use our mid level on Keon or someone of that sort.

Realgm.com: where Raptor fans come to flame.

profile edit quote reply

garyclips

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:19

TkF:Trade can't be consumated because the Hawks are taking on 26 mil in contracts (Spree,Z,Harrington) while giving up less than half.

profile edit quote reply

Luv those Knicks

Real GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:22

Quote:

On 2002-07-19 12:56, TKF wrote:

No. the knicks are trying to get miller, Nazr and Demarr, while the hawks get Spree, othella and Ilgaugas from cleveland, and cleveland gets terry, glover and another filler...That would give cleveland 2 good young players to deal with....

NY trades

Spree, Othella

Ny gets

Dre Miller, Nazr, Demarr. (filler)

Atlanta trades

Terry, Nazr, Glover, Demarr, Filler

Atlanta gets

Spree, Z, Othella - that's like 25 MM in salary. They'd have to throw in Henderson's ugly contract, maybe Kukoc's too. 25 Mill is a lot of salary to take on in a trade.

Z & Ratliff (when healthy) give them a big front line. Reef & Spree give them offense. I guess I could see why the Hawks do this.

Cleveland trades

Z, Miller,

Cleveland gets

Terry, Glover, Filler. Maybe Cleveland does it to dump Dre who wants the Max and Z who has the max.

This is most questionable on Cleveland's end I think. Unless they want to get worse and improve their chances on landing LeBron.

Trade isn't as bas as I thought it was for Atlanta. Imagine they start a lineup of Z, Ratliff, Reef, Spree & rookie PG. PG might be an issue, but otherwise, that lineup is pretty good and big.

Author Rumored 3 way trade getting serious press here in Atlanta

The_Voice

Real GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:23

Quote:

On 2002-07-19 13:19, garyclips wrote:

TkF:Trade can't be consumated because the Hawks are taking on 26 mil in contracts (Spree,Z,Harrington) while giving up less than half.

Atlanta is well under the cap.

profile edit quote reply

bigred90090

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:24

plus cap filler is what u must of over read.. Im figuring out what that could be now..

profile edit quote reply

The_Voice

Real GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:25

Atlanta doesn't need any cap fillers because they are like 20 mil under the cap folks.

profile edit quote reply

Luv those Knicks

Real GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:27

Quote:

On 2002-07-19 13:19, garyclips wrote:

If the "filler" is Kukoc & Henderson, it might work.

Oh - didn't read the replies about capspace.

Do they really have cap space? I don't think they do.

Kukoc, Hendersucks, Ratliff, Narz - they have a handful of big contracts. They can't be 20 MM under the cap.

[ This Message was edited by: Luv those Knicks on 2002-07-19 12:29 ]

Post intelligently or not at all. :-)

The_Voice

Real GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:32

oops, I meant 10-20 mil OVER the cap.

Slight mistake on my part.

profile edit quote reply

bigred90090

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-07-19 17:34

Cleveland wants to trade Dre.. While The Clipp already nixed a deal for him and are trying more for Baron then Dre. LAC might be able to offer more but they arent.. I think the trade Is Fair. But Cap filler makes it a real big one it would look something like this..

Atlanta Trades

Terry

Glover

Johnson

Crawford

Kukoc

Henderson

Muhammed

Atlanta Recieves

Spree

Othella

Z. llguaskas

2002 Knicks First Round Pick

2002 Knicks Second Round Pick

Knicks Trade

Spree

Othella

2002 First Rounder

2002 Second Rounder

Knicks Recieve

Dre

Demarr

Henderson

Mohammed

Cavs Trade

Dre

Llguaskas

Cavs Get

Terry

Glover

Crawford

Kukoc

I think with the Picks its more fair.. But even though atlanta trading alot of players.. most of them are backups and overpaid.. Kukoc and Henderson..

Knicks Lineup:

C:Mohammed

PF:Dice

SF:Demarr

SG:Houston

PG:Dre

Sickly remember were giving up 2 picks..

Atlanta Lineup:

C:Theo/Llgauskas

PF:Shariff

SF:?...

SG:Spree

PG:Dickau

They getting 2 picks next year theyde be able to Get a SF.. But Minues the one Position thats a playoff Lineup in theo or llugauskas stay healthy.. and remember there the ones asking for this..

Cavs Lineup

C:Diop

PF:Mihm

SF:Murry

SG:Terry

PG:Wagner

You can flip flop Wagner and Terry if you want.. Thats a Young Lineup that is going to get rid of alot of Cap when Kukoc comes off and they have alot of scoring there.

profile edit quote reply

Geoknick

Scout

Posted: 2002-07-19 18:57

Quote:

On 2002-07-19 13:22, Luv those Knicks wrote:

Quote:

On 2002-07-19 12:56, TKF wrote:

NY trades

Spree, Othella

Ny gets

Dre Miller, Nazr, Demarr. (filler)

Atlanta trades

Terry, Nazr, Glover, Demarr, Filler

Atlanta gets

Spree, Z, Othella - that's like 25 MM in salary. They'd have to throw in Henderson's ugly contract, maybe Kukoc's too. 25 Mill is a lot of salary to take on in a trade.

Z & Ratliff (when healthy) give them a big front line. Reef & Spree give them offense. I guess I could see why the Hawks do this.

Cleveland trades

Z, Miller,

Cleveland gets

Terry, Glover, Filler. Maybe Cleveland does it to dump Dre who wants the Max and Z who has the max.

This is most questionable on Cleveland's end I think. Unless they want to get worse and improve their chances on landing LeBron.

Trade isn't as bas as I thought it was for Atlanta. Imagine they start a lineup of Z, Ratliff, Reef, Spree & rookie PG. PG might be an issue, but otherwise, that lineup is pretty good and big.

Why don't we try to get Z out of this deal?

profile edit quote reply

Dolfan23

Scout

Posted: 2002-07-19 19:05

Please no more Homering.......you guys honestly think that Atlanta will give up their 3 best backcourt players, plus Toni/Hendu/Nazr all for an aging Spree/scrub Harrington/and a guy who will likely never play a full season in Big Z? There is not a chance in hell that we would do that. We dont want your draft picks. That out DERMARR and DION and that makes it fair on our end. If you guys want Dermarr you had better be thinking of throwing in something much much better than Harrington, although you guys dont have anything much much better other than Dice and Houston and they arent going anyplace. No way a deal like this goes down, not a chance.