Wanted: a team that wants the 17th pick & capspace

thecampster

I was fishing in my head about the proposed deal to get Phoenix's pick to take Jahadi White off their hands so they could sign Kobe and it hit's me. We could do the same.

We find a team that would like to be in next year's free agent pool and would like a first round pick this year.

We send them Henderson and the 17th pick for a longer term smaller contract (like 3 years 3-5mil). (Great example, Cleveland and Ira Newble signed at 4 years, 4 million per)). This would clear an extra 4-6 million in capspace this year for us. Why? We could potentially have the money to sign Jamal Crawford, Kenyon Martin and Kobe Bryant.

Why does the other participant do this? They have little shot at Kobe (see Utah, Denver). They have capspace to fill for one more year. They are building now (see the Clippers every year). They want in on next year's free agents and by taking Hendu now and dumping a 3 million dollar, 3- 4 year contract they free it and Henderson's salary up for next year.

Now move JT for a low end pick (Like San Antonio's who have space) and you could start the year looking like this.

Jamal Crawford/Duhon

Kobe Bryant/Sura/Newble

Stephen Jackson/Josh Smith/Diaw

Kenyon Martin/Chris Crawford/

Joe Pryzbila/

Hansen, San Antonio's pick (#28) and the other 2 2nd round picks (one spent on Duhon) and we are in with a good team that can defend the perimeter and score.

Let the arguing begin.