• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do others want

I know we always talk about what we want for the Hawks next season, but what are your thoughts about who wants what we have.

Who would want Toni and why?

Who would want Dion and why?

Who would want Nazr and why?

What do we really think we could get for our 2 picks? We only gave a #27 and 2nd rounder for them.

I would love to get that last piece for our team (Jones, McDyess, Murray, Mashburn, Big Dog, Battier, or who ever) but the first thing you have to figure out is what does the other guy really want. If you know that then you can be in position to win the trade by being willing to let them win or walk away.

What do you guys think?

He could be their INSURANCE just incase something goes wrong after they get YAO MING.

But would we be screwed if we didnt take a center at #15?

I dont like the centers coming out of this draft with execption to Ming. Even with Ming, this years centers are weak.

So we have injury-prone Ratliff, and if we do this trade... we are putting our season ALL ON 1 MAN - ratliff. We do not have a decent backup C. Henderson at center for 1 game might work, but not every game! Leon Smith is a 3rd string center (at this point, but hes young and working hard).

Houston still has CATO with his large contract... so with Mohammed, this leaves them with an overload at center. What if we got an extra team involved?

Two things that I'm tired of seeing discussed:

1) trading Nazr. As others have stated, we're placing this season on Theo being healthy (we don't have any other choices really, unless you know of an available C with shot blocking capabilities). Our defense is pourous as is, leading to the problem of playing Nazr at C all last season (see DerMarr blocking more shots per game than Nazr). We need Theo, but having the option of going big at in the front court with Theo/Nazr 4/5 and Reef 3 or having a slightly above average backup C is worth tons in this league. Simply put, we risk too much trading him.

2) all the trade talk for Big Dog. Granted, a great scorer. But he plays no D, and well, since this team doesn't play that much either (the reason Ira was able to be a consistent starter), I'd rather not bring in someone who is a Vet and doesn't play D - things won't change. Plus, he requires the ball a lot and isn't that good of a passer - i.e., Reef and esp. JT get many fewer opportunities...one of those three would get to the point that he'd just chuck it up every time cause he felt that that was the only way he'd get a shot...

As a side note, if someone could propose a decent trade packaging CC/Toni/ or Glover, please feel free (though I would like to keep Toni, his years are numbered and if we want to bring in another 3...)