• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Farewell, Hanno

Finnfan72

Hiya people!

Looks like there's no need to worry about Hanno playing in Hawks uni next year. Here's what telebasket.com reported yesterday:

Mottola inks with Tau

(Jul 20) - Finnish National Team forward Hanno Mottola who has played last season with Atlanta Hawks, averaging 4.6 ppg. and 2.9 rpg. has signed a two-year contract with the Spanish Champions of Tau Ceramica Vitoria. Hanno has spent his college career at University of Utah and has been selected as second round pick (#40) by Atlanta in the 2000 NBA draft.

Of course, I'm disappointed that my countryman leaves the Hawks, but I will still continue to root for the most exciting young team in the NBA smile.gif

From Finland with a Grain of Salt

Good luck to our first Finn player for the Hawks. Hanno

will, hopefully, become a star player for his new team.

Keep us informed about how he is doing as I am sure you

will keep tabs on him.

Good to have a true Hawk fan from so far away!! Glad you

are one of us.

Gray Mule

Should've known this beforehand.

The spanish were again too fast to announce the deal.

According To Hanno's brother Matias, who usually represents Hanno in media, there have been negotiations with Tau, but nothing has been signed yet.

Hanno himself has stated that he wants to play in a team and league where he can continue his development. He has also said that Atlanta would still be his number one option.

Hanno always rocked in his Euroleague play, it's been a mysetery to me why it never really carried over to his performances with the Hawks. He'll develop into a realy solid guy over in EUR though. Best of luck to Hanno, I have a feeling we may not have seen the last of him.