• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BHD

Admin

TRACEMAN is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

How can u say LARRY BIRD was maybe #50? People consider him top 10 player of NBA HISTORY. He could pull a jumper on anybody's face.

Yes i do think Nique should be added to the list. But there are MANY better players than Nique on that list.

What in the world is John Stockton doing up there? He probably wouldnt even still be in the league if it werent for Karl Malone.

George Gervin? Bill Walton? At least Walton one a championship, but other than 77-79 all he did was soak his feet.

Was Gervin any greater scorer than Nique?

No doubt you should pay homage to the old school guys but really are they the 50 "Greatest" ever or of their era?

Ever heard of Artis Gilmore, David Thompson, Bob Lanier?

He is clearly one of the top 50 players ever and one of the top 4 or 5 PGs of all time.

I don't see a lot of difference between the Iceman and Nique. I think their careers were virtually the same and they both deserve to be on the list.

Walton's career was cut short due to injuries but he was dominant when he was healthy. When he led Portland to the NBA title and before he began to get hurt all the time, he was averaging like 19 ppg, 14 rbg, 5 apg, and 2.5 bpg.

to Karl Malone for 15 years and that alone has made his career. Yes, he leads the league in most assists because he has played with Karl Malone his entire career. Malone made Stockton like MJ made Pippen.

Walton carried a good team to a championship. The star of a championship team should make the list although Maurice Lucas and Lionel Hollins did contribute significantly.

For the championship alone, he makes the list. You cant be considered with the greatest for only two good seasons. Plus, dont carry over college dominance to the pros.

By your analysis, Christy Laettner will be on the list when he retires. Because right out of Duke he put up big numbers and was a great college player.

No need in comparing Nique - leaving him off the list was just criminal.

Another poster who is out of his mind in this thread.

Stockton is the ALL-TIME LEADER IN STEALS AND ASSISTS!!! Do you think Malone is the reason he stole the ball? You think all of his assists where to Malone? If it were that easy then hell Derek Fisher should be up there soon since he has been able to pass to two great players like Kobe and Shaq huh? Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense.

Magic Johnson had a WHOLE LOT of talent around him including the all time leading scorer in NBA history, Mr. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar! He also had a guy by the name of James Worthy who wasn't too shabby either! The Lakers were LOADED with talent and Magic had a lot more talent around him than Stockton did. Did the presence of those guys make Magic's accomplishments any less spectacular? Of course not!

He played for 10 seasons but he only played in about 468 games in those 10 seasons. In those games, he averaged over 13 ppg, 10 rbg, 3 apg, 2 bpg. In addition, he was league MVP one season and First Team All NBA on defense in a couple of seasons. Still, 468 games is not a whole lot and when some very talented guys are left off the list, I can see where his inclusion can be questioned.

Questioning Stockton on the other hand is preposterous! Stockton averaged double digit assists for TEN STRAIGHT SEASONS! As good as Jason Kidd is, he has only averaged double digit assists two times in his WHOLE CAREER! Magic Johnson did it 10 straight seasons as well so that ought to tell you what kind of company Stockton was in. But for one of the most compelling arguments for Stockton's inclusion as one of the all time greats, check out the following link:

http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/homecourt_joh...on_feb2000.html

Nice read Trace.......the only PG I would ever take over Stockton is Magic, but thats got more to do with Magic being a better all around player and far more flexible. Pure PGs........nobody even comes close to Stockton all time. If DD can become half as successful as the former Gonzaga star then we should be very happy.

I repeat Karl Malone made Stockton the way MJ made Pippen. Yes, he has put up big numbers only because he has played with the most dominant PF in the game for 15 years.

To say Jason Kidd isnt better than Stockton is ridiculous. Kidd hasnt had a crutch to rely on in his entire career. Derek Fisher doesnt compare either because he isnt a full-time starter and hasnt played long, but if he does play 15 years with the Lakers and assuming Shaq and Kobe play that long, he would surpass Stockton.

Stockton cant hold Magic's jock. Magic carried the Lakers to a championship playing every position on the floor. He had talent around him but none superior to him. Karl Malone is the MVP in Utah, not the other way around.

I can name quite a few PGs that I would rather have than Stockton:

1. Earvin Magic Johnson

2. Isiah Thomas

3. Bob Cousy

4. Lenny Wilkens

5. Pete Maravich

6. Jason Kidd

7. Tim Hardaway

8. Norm Nixon

9. Walt Frazier

10. Gary Payton

11. Earl Monroe

12. Baron Davis

13. Andre Miller

14. Kevin Johnson

15. Gus Williams

Dont get me wrong, Stockton is a gusty little set up man that plays with a lot of heart. But individually, there were many better players. He hasnt won a championship so its hard to say his impact is greater than those who have.

1st : I heard someone mention Ralph Samson if we counted college and he had just 3 more decent seasons in the NBA I would agree. But to Ralph Sampson's credit he is father of one of the sexiest and most talented women in America, India Arie

2nd: Africa I agree, Even though everyone will call me racist for it, My grandmother could put up alot of assist with Karl Malone carrying her the way he has Stockton, but to his credit NO WAY is Stockton as sorry as that lame Scotty Pippen.

3rd: Traceman Why? Is Haterade the sports drink of choice.

4th: Thanks ATLien for noting the sarcasm of the Wayman Tisdale point. Even though I wouldn't be surprised if Wayman beat McHale in a 1 on 1 game. Actually come to think of it What? McHale was a leech he could put up numbers because Bird and Parrish were around to protect him from double teams. Nazr and McHale are the same size are you telling me starting 82 games and playing 35+ a night Nazr wouldn't average 8 - 9 boards and 2 bpg. I hate McHale and his bird chest. In short Stockton, McHale and Pippen are leeches they dont deserve to be on any top 50 list.

Add Alex English to the List

OH and Nique is TOP 5 ALL TIME

OH and Nique is TOP 5 ALL TIME "

Dr.J/MJ/Wilt Chamberlain/Kareem/Jerry West/Larry Bird/Magic/

Karl Malone/Moses Malone/Scottie Pippen/Oscar Robertson/

Charles Barkley/John Stockton/Clyde Drexler/Hakeem O/David

Robinson/Shaq/Tim Duncan/I.Thomas/McHale.

Nique is not even better than any of those guys.You can also

say Robert Parish feed off of McHale also.It works two ways.

And before you question the Pippen thing,he made it as far without

MJ as Nique ever did.

I love Nique,but his game was limited to slam dunking and atheletic

ability and the fact that is all he had is the reason he was on the

decline at 33 years old.He should have retired after the season with

the Clippers because he become a role player after that.He shouldn't

have went out that way.

"Bird was a better player than me, but I always felt when I was in the game I could do things against him. But McHale? Best damn player I ever played against man-to-man. He gave me fits with those damn long arms and his agility. He could score on me and he could guard me."

"I tried hard to concentrate on defense once, but all I did was hurt myself. I was terrible. But I was as good as Larry. That man couldn't guard a chair. I loved Larry. I made the mistake of going drinking with him one time. He did nothing but drink Budweiser the whole night. Any man who drinks Bud the whole night can drink."

This is a quote from Charles Barkley... not too bad for a bird chested guy eh? I've got another newsflash for ya... if red auerbach made a big trade for a guy, that guy can play...

NORM NIXON? GUS WILLIAMS? PLEASE! Magic Johnson is the only PG on that list who was better than Stockton without question. Gary Payton, Baron Davis and Andre Miller are better now but no way are Davis and Miller better NOW than Stockton was in his prime. Stockton was dishing out 14 assists/game in his prime, you think Malone was the recipient of every one of those? In addition, a good PG makes those around him better and just as Malone made Stockton better, Stockton made Malone better too. Look at K-Mart in NJ. K-Mart looks GREAT at times because of J Kidd. He looks twice as good as he did playing with Marbury. Worthy was good but Magic made him look even better.

Speaking of Magic, look at all the great players he had around him. Put Stockton with Kareem, Worthy, Byron Scott, Jamaal Wilkes, Michael Cooper, Bob McAdoo and company and he'd probably have a championship too! Magic had TWO players on the top 50 all time list and McAdoo should have been the 3rd. All Stockton has ever had was Malone.

Is it Stockton's fault that nobody could beat Jordan? The lack of a championship might be a small blemish on his record but then again, half the people on your list don't have championships either.