• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smooth scores 26 in Hawks 78-74 win!!!!!

Inside_Man

damn I was trying to get away from it but you just can't let it go can you? SO I'm gonna respond just a little

People are allowed to have rainbow stickers on their cars. You're allowed to have an elephant sticker. You're allowed to have a WWJD sticker. You're allowed to demonstrate publicly to support whatever cause you have. KB is allowed to have a Bush signature. Grey Mule is allowed to have a religious signature. What does that have to do with any of this? There are no legal issues at stake here. I'm not threatening to sue anyone or arrest them. It's a matter of civility and politeness concerning a personal request.

But while you bring it up have you honestly seen someone pull out a bible in public and be stoned? Or met with harsh resistance? I'd be very surprised if you had. Please enlighten me with your experience of people receiving bad treatment for being religious in public. I sure haven't. It's much more likely that you just think that is what would happen because you are closed minded. Yes I've seen gay pride parades, I've also seen pro-republican or pro-war parades, and I've seen religious demonstrations and people give religious speeches in public on campus at tech. Last I checked there aren't big anti-church rallies, and there is going to be a republican national convention broadcast nationwide and applauded by many. Where is the problem here?

The only time there are legal issues are when public buildings and/or government involved. If your local courthouse had a huge monument advocating homosexuality, or a huge monument favoring one party or the other, it would be removed just like the monument endorsing one particular religion was. Religion doesn't belong in schools because that is something that should be particular to your family. If you teach your children your morals and your religion, I don't see where the problem is.

I asked KB as a personal favor not to use a political sig cause it would piss me off every time I see it. He has no obligation or duty to remove it. However he was civil and courteous and removed it and I appreciate it. I am not persecuting anyone. He could have said no and left it at that. If a fellow hawk fan had a "I like having sex with other men" signature and you politely asked him to remove it, I'm sure he would also. By the way, once again, who even brought up homosexuality?

Lighten up. who is really violating your rights? this is hawksquawk for crying out loud

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

He's not "making you listen to him," he's simply putting something next to his name.

You know as well as I do that this can be taken to some disgusting extremes in the name of "freedom of speech".

Sir, I did not call KB out. In fact I did not mention anyone by name. And I most certainly did not criticize anyone for wearing an elephant on their sleeve.

I believe if you read the aforementioned persons followup post about liberals (which by the way I do not consider myself one) I think that you might understand. Or maybe not.

And regarding the portion of my post you chose to ignore:

******This is not a political forum. We used to have a separate political forum. The mods got rid of it. If you want a political forum ask them for a new one or post political issues somewhere else. In fact why don't you use the Lounge instead?*****

• Premium Member

I was just humming "Masquerade" TODAY?? I think it was in a movie or something I have seen in the last couple of weeks. I can't get Masquerade and "I need a Hero" (Shreik 2) out of my head...

Again, you insult my intelligence in the title of your post. Why do you feel that you need to do that?

Quote:

Sir, I did not call KB out. In fact I did not mention anyone by name. And I most certainly did not criticize anyone for wearing an elephant on their sleeve.

I didn't say you did. I said you would, but I, admittedly, cannot be certain of this. This, if anything, seems like a reading comprehension issue to me. My only evidence that you would do this is that you seem to vehemently disagree with my position, which is that KB shouldn't have been called out. I deem that evidence to be sufficient.

Quote:

And regarding the portion of my post you chose to ignore: ******This is not a political forum. We used to have a separate political forum. The mods got rid of it. If you want a political forum ask them for a new one or post political issues somewhere else. In fact why don't you use the Lounge instead?*****

I didn't ignore that portion of your post. The fact that I didn't respond to it does not imply that I did not read, understand, and even agree with it. In fact, I do agree that this is not a political forum, so a political debate has no place here. This, however, is not a politcal debate, and I didn't start it. I'm standing up for a person who didn't need to be called out. He's vanished, by now, but that's OK....it's a matter of principle. I also do not agree with the generalistic and derogatory comments that he made about ‘liberals’. There was truth in them, but they were too extreme, and cannot be applied to the whole group.

Quote:

And I most certainly did not criticize anyone for wearing an elephant on their sleeve.

Well, you and I both know that I meant that figuratively, and you most certainly did:

Quote:

morons spewing their religious and political dogma

I conclude from this statement that anyone who makes public his religious or political persuasion is a moron, by your estimation. That qualifies as criticism to most people.

All of you know that this type of discussion is

not allowed by the owners of this site. They

removed the O/T section because it invited this

type of thing. Now ya'll are doing it on the

basketball section ? Why ?

Fwiw, neither of the parties are anyting more

than a joke. Call them "Dumb and Dumber", if

you will.

All they have to do is give all of you two

choices and you will oblige and pick one

of them.

Sad !

"This, however, is not a politcal debate, and I didn't start it. I'm standing up for a person who didn't need to be called out."

As I said before I did not specifically say that I was calling him out. At least you seem to sort of agree with this.

Quote:

And I most certainly did not criticize anyone for wearing an elephant on their sleeve.

"Well, you and I both know that I meant that figuratively, and you most certainly did:"

I most certainly did not! I never specifically criticized anyone of any political party! That is absolutely untrue and I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you misunderstood it.

"I conclude from this statement that anyone who makes public his religious or political persuasion is a moron, by your estimation. That qualifies as criticism to most people."

Please refer to my post and others about the past and our political forum. And again in a proper forum I will discuss politics with anyone. And for the third time: ask the mods to bring back the political forum if you want...if they do post politics and religion there. This forum has been deemed by the mods to be for hawks bball.