• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does anyone know how to make pizza crust?

drzachary

• Premium Member

Follow this. Use closer to 2 1/2 cups of flour (for one 13" pizza) or your dough won't rise right. Also, I use about a teaspoon of garlic powder, oregano, and basil (more or less to taste). I usually allow it to proof for 1 - 2 hours, then toss it (or flatten it), place it on a pizza pan, then let it rise again for about 10 - 15 minutes. I don't know what this recipe says (because I don't really look at it anymore), but once I place the dough on the pan, I brush it with a light layer of olive oil before I let it rise on the pan.

When you place it on the pan, there will probably be some run-off. You can lay some cheese/oregano around the edge and fold the run-off over it to make a "stuff-crust." When you fold it over, press it down to "seal it" or it'll just be a big fold at the edge of your pizza. I hate that... Anyway, if you're not that ambitious, then just cut the extra off by following the edge of your pan with a knife. Most pans have dish style edges. Just lay the pizza on the pan without folding it if you're not trying to stuff the crust.

I got an air bake (has holes in the bottom) pan from Walmart that I use. They seem to make better crust. Preheat your oven to the highest setting when you are ready to cook and put the pan in the center of the oven. My oven takes about 10 - 15 minutes to cook it (usually around 9 - 10 minutes).

When it comes out, it will be VERY crispy. Get a rolling pizza cutter and cut it then. It's MUCH easier. Let it cool for about 5 - 10 minutes before you eat it, unless you want to burn the sh#t out of your tongue and eat crunchy pizza.

I got a good recipe for pizza sauce too.