• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Moves BK Will Make!

hawks1

Memphis Trades: Stromile Swift (S & T) and Earl Watson

Memphis Receives: Chris Crawford, Boris Diaw, Tony Delk, 2nd Round Draft Pick

Atlanta Trades: Chris Crawford, Boris Diaw, Tony Delk, 2nd Round Pick

Atlanta Receives: Stromile Swift (6yr 48 mil) & Earl Watson

Why? Atlanta gets more athleticism and height. Memphis cuts payroll, but gets a quality replacement for Swift in Crawford with potential in Diaw and a better backup PG/SG in Delk than Watson.

Next BK Signs Keon Clark at 2 yr 6 mil (3.5, 2.5 player option), Jon Barry at 2 yr 5 mil (3.0, 2.0 player option), Kenny Anderson at 2 yr 2.25 mil (veteren minimum). These signings and that trade would max us out in salary cap for this year, but leave us with plenty of flexibility for next year.

Why? Signing Swift and Clark allows BK to trade Walker if he deems necessary at trade deadline. Also, gives us the most athletic frontline in basketball.

2004-2005 Team

PG - Kenny Anderson, Earl Watson, Royal Ivey

SG - Jon Barry, Josh Childress, Donta Smith

SF - Al Harrington, Josh Smith

PF - Antoine Walker, Stromile Swift

C - Pedrag Drobnjak, Keon Clark, Jason Collier

To improve for 2005-2006 team, Antoine Walker will be traded at deadline for All-Star SG (possibly Ray Allen) or All-Star PG with us drafting whichever position we do not trade for via such a Walker trade. Then, move Swift into starting lineup.

2005-2006 Team

PG - Draft/trade/FA, Royal Ivey

SG - Ray Allen, Josh Childress

SF - Al Harrington, Josh Smith

PF - Stromile Swift, Keon Clark

C - Pedrag Drobnjak, Jason Collier

This is a deep team like the Pistons that won.

Isiah Thomas does seem to be interested in Keon Clark now, but we all know how that goes. The Knicks can't have what they always want, because of money reasons. Hopefully the Hawks go after Keon Clark, because he understands how to block shots, and play defense.

I don't think we are able to trade Delk right now, with the other players you listed.

The most important asset we have now is salary cap room.

BK nees to be patient and wait for a great oppurtunity to come to us. Cap space will be very valuble around the trade deadline. We need to use our cap space to make trades that give the Hawks more draft picks and team players.

Why should a rebuilding team max out the cap to try and win 3-4 more games?

I wouldn't want to trade away a team player like Diaw (who has good court sense and basketball IQ) for a player like Swift. As we've seen in the Olympics, Diaw's basketball IQ and team skills are important.

If Swift was an impact player, he would have been signed by some team long ago.

In my opinion, I think the best trades are the ones you DON'T make.

I think that While BK would most certainly be looking to deal Crawford, it wouldn't kill him if we held on to Chris until the Deadline....

As for Trading Walker.....It depends. If this team is OUT of playoff Contention by then(In *this* new division? I doubt it), BK would certainly find teams that could use a player like Antoine. But if the team is still in the playoff hunt, I'd hold on to Antoine and see if he has what it takes to be a long-time Atlanta Hawk(A WINNER, BABY!!!)

sure, this "new division" is weak, esp. relative to the others, but do you realy think we'll beat out MIA for the only auto bid from teh conference? ok...yeah...no.

therefore, it's not about our division (unless you're banking on the fact that we get one more game against such teams throughout the year, which, is likely to NOT matter at the trade deadline enough, though admittedly I haven't scoured the schedule.

b) people act like trading Crawford is this big to-do! I mean, we, as atlanta fans love to bitch about his contract, how "bad" it is...but when, in fact...it's pretty tame. But we need someone to complain about, so Crawford and his three million dollar salary receives our wrath now that Hindu's gone...

but I ask you this: what sort of player with such a contract would you trade Crawford for straight up (that's semi-legit). Ira and his 5 million dollar long-term deal? Unless you find a rook who's just not been fitting in on his team...we can't get squat for the dude.