• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's BHD trade of the day.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Seeing that BHD say I never add trades that will help the team... Today I have a trade proposal that helps us immensely.

First the particulars:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/cezary_tryba...x.html?nav=page

Jerry West is very taken with this YOUNG C. So taken that he believes that inside of two yrs this guy will be the next best thing to Shaq? I won't argue with 7'1 260 lbs.

I am also assuming that The Grizz will be happier with Battier continuing at the two than with overpaidness playing there.

So here's my deal:

Toni/Nazr/1st rounder 2003 draft (unprotected) to Memphis for Micheal Dickerson/Lo Wright.

Now..Why?

They need some vet experience in Memphis. They get that from a player that west Loved... Toni.

They need a C that can rebound but also one that would allow T-Bank to grow and develop into a starter... That's what Nazr offers. Finally, they lose their 1st rounder to Detroit in 2003. For West to continue their pattern of growth, they need picks. Our First should help.

What we get is Dickerson. He's a good 6'6" SG who can score.

Lo. I like the new Lo. He can back up both the C and PF spots. I suspect he can be a 16/8 guy off the bench for us.

I don't think that they are high on Dickerson but if so, I'd take Battier instead.

But with MD...

JT/DD

MD/Glover/Ira

DJ/CC

SAR/Hendu/Haslem

Theo/Lo.

If you change the pick from unprotected to lottery protected and Dickerson is healthy, I'd do it. JT would be a happy guy. He would have his best buddy Lo back and Mike Dickerson was his best friend at Arizona. Chemistry would probably be even better than it is now. I think this is the best and most realistic proposal you have come up with yet.

Memphis might move Dickerson for Kukoc's shorter contract and there's not THAT much difference between Nazr and Lo. Kukoc would give them a much needed veteran presence and they could probably use a backup SF/PF because with Gooden's strong summer league play, I think Swift is outta there. At any rate, interesting proposal.

I agree I'd do this trade.I'd rather have Lo as the backup

more than Nazr.Sometimes we can lineup this way:

JT/Battier/SAR/Theo/Wright as our big lineup.I'd also

sign Willis as the 3rd string center for toughness and

for experience.

Jason Terry/Dickau

Dickerson/Dion

Battier/Dermarr/CC

SAR/Lo/Hendu

Theo/Lo/Willis

I could go with that!

I would cut Newble lose in this case.

the kid has real skills. Unlike most european players, this guy showed solid post skills, even a nice jump hook in the paint. Even the announcers seemed impressed with his game. The guy needs to bulk up and play better D though he did have a great blocked shot at one point. In the short time I got to watch this summer league game between the Griz and Bulls he really stood out in limited minutes. Jerry may have found another diamond in the rough.

He didn't look 260 lbs. Maybe he just needs to redistribute hit the weights and gain strength b/c Curry did move him around in the paint some. Again, I was impressed with his post skills around the basket. This guy will get major minutes this year and could make Lo more expendable per your trade idea.

• Premium Member

Lo

Dickerson

Battier

Swift.

Lo because they have brought in a new C to be the man. T-Bank is big and he has skill. He's still a project, but I can see West electing to get out of Lo's contract if he can get a good BU (Nazr).

Battier vs. Dickerson. These two players are on a see-saw. If the Grizz like Dickerson more, Battier could be expendible and vice versa. I like Battier as a SF... Problem is that I think West will keep Battier as a SG?? Therefore, per my trade analysis, Swift should be available.

Here's the Good thing though

West might decide that he does want Eddie Jones. If so, West might be inclined to send Swift/Dickerson (to make the money right) OR (Battier/Lo) to Miami for Jones. again we see the see-saw. Miami would probably be more inclined to go with Swift dickerson because Battier is a Sf and Dickerson is a 2 and with Caron Butler already there, Miami has it's 3 locked down.

Swift. Swift is also expendible. This yrs pickup of Gooden made him expendible. The thing that will immediately show about Gooden is that he is skilled in every area of the game. That means that they can use Swift in a trade like I mentioned before.

So the Grizz will be a team to beat in the future:

T-Bank, Gooden, Gasol, (Battier, Dickerson, or Jones), and Williams.

Like I said.. Toni/Nazr/unprotected first should get us Lo/Dickerson or Lo/Battier/filler. JT would probably like having both Lo and Dickerson here but look how it helps our team:

JT/DD

Dickerson/Glover

DJ/CC

SAR/Lo/Hendu

Theo/Willis*

With this as our lineup we have room for one more player... Probably a Gaurd.

you forgot the fabled roster spot to Email...unless you just consider him waived, which, much as many would like to see happen, just isn't going to be. With everyone worried about the cap and all the injuries we had last year, I can't imagine us letting someone walk away with a million...cause if things go wrong, we'll be stuck ahving to sign a cba'er and deal with the 10-day contracts all over again.

• Premium Member

There are possibilities for a 1 million dollar defensive PG.

Namely...

We can send him to Chicago for a 2nd rounder.

We can send him to Seattle for a 2nd.

We can send him to the Lake Show (they could use some help at PG) for something??

Then there are trades.

Email/Nazr for Miller/Declerq..

And on and on... But I don't doubt that we would just eat the contract.

I am sorry I dont like this trade either I would give up a lotto pick for Dickerson, especially when it means DJ will have to play SF.

The only small forwards I am interested in, that are somewhat available, are

Battier

M.Miller

S.Marion

L.Odom

T.Prince

We missed out on J.Tinsley last year and T.Prince this year.