• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ira,Strick,Hanno,Cal,JV gone will this affect us?*

Hawksfreak

Jacque Vaughn has signed with the Magic,Hanno has gone overseas,Cal is in the T-Wolves organization,Strick?,Ira? Will this affect anything this year? I am sure without Ira we might be in a little trouble,but with the reason that we are finally healthy can this team take it? I know we can! Hanno will gbe gone for now,but If I'm not mistaken I think we should keep looking at him grow and once he is developed bring him back! Jacque Vaughn is looking to have a great year with Orlando. If he gets his minutes. Cal looks good so far,but will he hold up as a T-Wolves and is being in the West better for him? Strick will probably go to a defensive team like Miami. He could really fit in there. Ira,Ira,Ira don't be so spoiled just because you had one good season doesn't mean you make big bucks. Lower that money statement and come back as a Hawk! We need you! With Theo,E-mail,Crawly,and Dion back will this fill in for all those losses? I think so! What do yall think? ~Mike Pamfilis

Ira,Strick,Hanno,Cal,JV gone will this affect us?* Oh my god, yes~! It's great.

I'm a firm believer in stats/game. Most people say...well he only scored 3 ppg but he also played 10 minutes a game or if given 30 minutes, 9 ppg. So let's compare this years newly departed to last years casualties and base it on what they did per 48 minutes. Comparing points, rebounds, assists, steals and turnovers. Basing solely on last year's stats and not best season. (the "f" stands for full as in points per full game ppfg). Stats are per 48 minutes.

Ratliff vs. Bowdler

15.3 ppfg, 9.3 rpfg, .53 apfg, .58 spfg, 4.1 topfg, 4.69 Blocks.

.vs

9.35 ppfg, 9.4 rpfg, .85 apfg, 1.5 spfg, .89 topfg, 1.23 Blocks.

Now given this wasn't Ratliff's best season (only 3 games) and his numbers from Philly were much higher. But safe to say, that Ratliff's 6 more points and 3.46 blocks makes Ratliff a clear winner here despite turnovers.

Hendu vs. Hanno

16.28 ppfg, 10.95 rpfg, 1.18 apfg, 1.2 spfg, 2.4 topfg.

vs.

13.79 ppfg, 9.48 rpfg, 1.72 apfg, .69 spfg, 2.44 topfg.

except for 2.5 ppg and 1.5 rpg better for Henderson, they are identical. So henderson wins.

Toni vs. Strickland

18.78 ppfg, 7.02 rpfg, 6.83 apfg, 1.54 spfg, 2.28 topfg.

vs.

15.21 ppfg, 9.46 rpfg, 1.35 apfg, 1.39 spfg, 2.07 topfg.

although he rebounds a little less, it seems obvious that with 3.57 more ppg and 5.48 apg, Toni is more productive.

Crawford vs. IRA

19.51 ppfg, 9.24 rpfg, 1.8 apfg, 0.74 spfg, 3.67 topfg.

vs.

12.67 ppfg, 8.40rpfg., 1.7 apfg, 1.43 spfg, 1.85 topfg.

Crawford turns the ball over nearly 2 times more a game and IRA gets 3/4 of a steal more but Chris goes for 6.84 more points and . 84 more boards. slight edge Chris.

Dion vs. Vaughn

20.38 ppfg, 7.10 rpfg, 3.44 apfg, 1.88 spfg, 3.16 topfg.

vs.

14.02 ppfg, 4.25 rpfg, 9.13 apfg, 1.68 spfg, 2.91 topfg.

I'd call this a tossup with Dion scoring more and rebounding more but vaughn with a ton more assists. That said, Dion's size makes for better overall defense.

The totals.

The wounded

vs.

the replacements

90.25 ppg, 43.61 rpg, 13.78 apg, 5.21 spg, 15.61 topg.

vs.

65.04 ppg, 40.99 rpg, 14.75 apg, 5.69 spg, 10.16 topg.

so

25.21 ppg, 2.62 rpg, -.97 apg, -.48 spg, 5.45 topg.

I'd say we can afford to lose the others even with 5 more turnovers. Each steal, rebound and turnover are worth 1 point (since with 3 pointers, 40% fg% and freethrows, most teams average around 1 point per possesion and assists are worth 2. So the points add up like this.

25.21 + 2.62 + (-1.94) + (-.48) + (-5.45) = ppg lost to injuries. That's a difference of 19.96 ppg.

Now the hawks lost 40 games by 20 points or less. So assuming the Hawks had these players all season and assuming the ppg changes would have changed the outcome of half of these games. That's 20 wins. Now I might be exaggerting the difference or I might not...but injuries kill seasons....Just ask sacramento if they would have liked to have had Pedra during the Lakers series. So the Hawks in my formula would have had 53 wins and 29 losses instead of 33 and 49 and the top seed in the EAST.

The only problem here is DD is actually switching with JV so the assist number is skewed a little. but so what. This is a small vision of what the injuries cost us last year. Instead of Bowdler as the backup and Mohammed as the starter, we'd have had Ratliff start and Mohammed backup...that is where the numbers come from. So this shows the "Total cost of player over 48 minutes".