• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Again it's Frees and Threes

Inside_Man

Last Friday night I pointed out that if the Hawks had shot 37% from the arc and 75% from the stripe, they'd have won the game.

Well they did it again, shoting a miserable 21% from the arc and 52% from the stripe. Had they hit those same 37% and 75% targets, they'd have another 12 points and a two point victory.

Same old - same old.

• Premium Member

Pretty horrid...

I just don't see Walker as being good enough to help this team in the short-term and he's definitely not the team's long-term solution at PF.

I would trade him & Diaw to Minnesota for Spree & and 1st?

Would you?

Quote:

NO! I DO *NOT* WANT THAT SONOFABITCH SPREWELL ON THIS TEAM!!!!

If we do trade him, get Dalembert. Otherwise, let him walk at the end of the season(or resign him if he REALLY IS TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT WANTING TO REMAIN HERE)...

who cares if he wants to be here? I hope HAwks management is smart enough to see that the weaknesses in walker's game (turnovers, free throw shooting, poor shot selection, lack of poise, poor defense, etc.) overshadow his 20 and 10. No doubt the guy's got skills but he's not a great bball player.

Quote:

Quote:

If we do trade him, get Dalembert. Otherwise, let him walk at the end of the season(or resign him if he REALLY IS TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT WANTING TO REMAIN HERE)...

who cares if he wants to be here? I hope HAwks management is smart enough to see that the weaknesses in walker's game (turnovers, free throw shooting, poor shot selection, lack of poise, poor defense, etc.) overshadow his 20 and 10. No doubt the guy's got skills but he's not a great bball player.

Who cares? I CARE! I'd like someone who can HELP THIS TEAM, not someone who will undoubtedly cause trouble.

Quote:

Quote:

Walker had 1 turnover tonight on 8 assists. Please, that wasn't the problem.

The Celtics missed 8 free throws, do the math if we get credit for what if's they should too and we still would have lost.

I don't think you understand Walker. He wouldn't be taking all these shot's if he had someone else to make them. He kept pasisng the ball to Lou who was at one point 1 for 9.

He passed to Peja and Al all who missed their shot's on his passes. He passed the ball so many times where it didn't register an assist because the player missed.

It didn't seem like anyone on the Hawk's wanted to take a shot besides those too. I saw Al pass the ball up (not in assists situations) at least 10 times this game.

Quote:

Quote:

Sprewell's deal is up at the end of the year and he won't be coming back to play in Atlanta. My guess is he wouldn't play here under any circumstances. He wants to win and he wants money something that won't happen in Atlanta any time soon.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sprewell's deal is up at the end of the year and he won't be coming back to play in Atlanta. My guess is he wouldn't play here under any circumstances. He wants to win and he wants money something that won't happen in Atlanta any time soon.

I think you're right. It's the pick that I would find valuable, especially if the T-Wolves don't make the playoffs.

You trade for Spree, who refuses to play here, a la Jim Jackson in NO. You then trade Spree for more usable parts...

As far as Dalembert, it would be a great trade for Atlanta, but I'm still not convinced that Philly will trade him.

If you can't get a pick+expiring or young, big man+expiring out of Walker, then just S&T him in the offseason for another player.

Quote:

If you can't get a pick+expiring or young, big man+expiring out of Walker, then just S&T him in the offseason for another player.

THAT or Try and Re-sign him to a more reasonable contract if he's really that serious about wanting to remain here and help with the rebuilding....

BK is a smart man(not Babcock) so whatever decision he makes, it will be the one he thinks is the RIGHT ONE. smile.gif