• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford on Bogut

lifelong

I'm not sure I like the comparisons to Vlade and Brad Miller. See below...

"1. Andrew Bogut, F/C, Utah The Skinny: 6-foot-11, 245 pounds, Sophomore. 20.7 ppg, 12.3 rpg on 63 percent shooting.

The Good: Bogut does a little bit of everything. He's an excellent, physical rebounder with nice hands. He's a tremendous passer for a big. He's very difficult to guard because of his ability to score in both the high and low posts. Overall, he just has an excellent feel for the game.

The Bad: The only thing Bogut lacks is athleticism. While not a terrible athlete, he isn't a good one either. Doesn't have much lift, and lacks the lateral quickness he's going to need to guard most NBA players. After being a little overwhelmed by the athleticism in the NCAA his freshman year, he learned how to compensate this season. It's going to be a much bigger jump at the next level, however.

The Upside: Bogut may be the most complete college player in the country right now. How will he fare in the pros? Comparisons range from Vlade Divac to Brad Miller, which seems about right. Both players have excelled despite playing below the rim. Bogut is right there with both players on his skill level. Right now, he looks like a lock for the top five, and a great performance in the tournament could get him even higher. It's hard to believe that he'd be the No. 1 pick in the draft given his lack of athleticism, but if Chris Paul and Marvin Williams stay in school, he's the only guy left on the board with the talent to justify the pick."

• Admin

I saw Jay Bilas on both PTI and Sportscenter yesterday and he had nothing but great things to say about Bogut. He said that he is the most complete player in the college game today and went on to list his various strengths. He felt that Bogut would be the #1 pick in the NBA draft.

Neither of the guys from PTI or the SC crew offered any disagreement either.

I don't think he's learned a lesson, he just goes with the popular opinion. You have to remember that right around draft time, J Smoove's stock had dropped drastically, and most people were down on him. He was an @ss on draft night, but saying what alot of people thought. Similarly, EVERYONE is praising Bogut right now, and he is following right along

he sucks