• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deron Williams reinforced my belief that he should

Admin

be our pick with his performance tonight. I like Paul a lot, I like Bogut a lot, and I really like Marvin Williams a lot.....however, Deron showed me something tonight during that amazing comeback. I really see a lot of Mike Bibby in him. They seem to play the game very similar, yet I think he might be a better passer with better vision, similar to the way that Kidd sees the floor. With his combination of size, court vision, and leadership he seems to be the exact type of PG that should be leading our team into the future. I can just imagine him throwing alley oops to Childress and Smith. He also has big time hops himself and plays stellar defense. He basically shut down Stoudamire for most of the game tonight which pretty much sealed the deal for me on wanting him as our pick.

Just watching him out there reminds me so much of Bibby its unreal. I know a lot of people say that Bibby isnt worth the #1 pick and you are right, but if you take Bibby, give him better court vision and make him a better defender, then that guy is certainly worth the top pick. Would I take him over a Duncan or Shaq, of course not.....but with each of the top players having so many question marks I dont see why he isnt just as worthy as the other guys.

Unlike the other guys though he plays BK/Woodson style basketball and without a top notch PG we are never going to win. I dont understand why people cant seem to grasp that. We havent had a winning team or even close to it since Mookie left and he was the last PG we had that could run the team. He wasnt perfect, but he was far better than anything else we have had. Since then we have had Deke and Theo at C and have been horrible with each, so in my mind that just reinforces that having a legit PG is more important.

If I was BK I would be picking Deron Williams without question now after last nights performance. Of course if I could move down a few slots and get an extra pick and still get Williams I would be all over that though.

I would love to get Frye at some point in this draft as well. He was extremely impressive last night. I think he would look great running the break from the 5 with us. He couldnt be a full-time 5, but he could certainly do it at times.

I would also try and get Head in the 2nd round if possible. He was big time clutch last night as well. Sorta reminds me of a Cuttino Mobley type of guy who could be a 2nd round steal.

I compare Williams to Andre Miller, only Williams has much better shooting ability than Andre. He knows how to run a team, and I believe he took a step forward last night whereas Raymond Felton took a step back against Villanova. Felton got thoroughly outplayed by Villanova's point guard.

We are looking at a draft where someone is going to have to emerge as the clear cut top prospect. You know, it is the Hawks luck that the one year they get a chance to get the top pick, there isn't a clear cut superstar caliber player in the draft.