• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Golden State could finally be dangerous next year

Bulldog

The Baron Davis trade has changed their season and it looks like being a risk that will pay off big time. Over their last 10 games they are 7-3 which is the kind of pace that is unheard of for the Warriors. The good news is for them that it can only get better next year. Their core will have had a while to play together and with Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Pietrus, Troy Murphy and Biedrins they have a solid group to build around. They should start Pietrus at SF and trade Dunleavy.

And - they have a chance at the #1 pick in the draft where they could take 7 foot Center Andrew Bogut and accept that Adonal Foyle is not a franchise center. With a quality Center in the mix with this group they could take a big leap forward. Even if they do not land Bogut Biedrins looks like he could be the starter next year anyway but if they get a pick anywhere in the top 5 I would try and trade the pick + Dunleavy for the #1.

I think they should be in the playoffs next year and finally end their drought.

few have ever questioned Baron's ability as a winner, as a player...but facts are facts...do you think that the Hornets, if they had Baron and Magloire healthy (plus or minus Mash) wouldn't be winning at nearly the same clip (well, ok, if they didn't have Scott for a coach)?

with Baron, and the Warriors next year...it's all about health. his back is such a tricky thing...'wrose' than TMAC's was a couple of years ago...

It would have been a HUGE risk but it had the potential to pay off HUGE dividends and I think this franchise is in such bad shape that we MUST take calculated risks. A lineup of:

Bogut

Chandler (or Swift, Dalembert, Curry or Brown)

Harrington/Smoove

Chill

B Diddy

or

Bogut

Smoove

Harrington/Chill

Hughes (or Johnson or Redd)

B Diddy

would have been fun.

I agree. Baron Davis is young, athletic, and a very good player. On the flip side, he does take bad shots and seems to be injury prone, but I would have taken a chance on him. I'm sure New Orleans would have taken A. Walker for him, but Billy Knight either wasn't interested in Baron or wanted to make sure Walker went to a contender.

Baron Davis is a good player, not a great player. He'd be better on an offense such as Phoenix where he could play the 2 for 80% of the game and play PG when Nash needed a breather.

All in all, the NBA's "evolution" of the PG is disturbing. Players like Davis and, for example, Marbury constantly get their teams out of the flow of the offense by taking a "me-first" approach. We need more TJ Fords (who, unfortunately remains grounded) and more Steve Nashs.

But that's just my opinion...