• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The more I saw of Felton, the less I liked.

jjjohns3

He cant shoot consistently from outside of mid range.

He cant shoot free throws.

He gets out of control.

And with that team he's playing with, he should be averaging close to 10 Assist because he almosty always has the ball in his hands in their offense.

He throws the ball away constantly, and he makes alot of bad mistakes. And they say Jack is turnover prone?

Jarrett Jack is usually the only real ball handler on the court for his team. Elder isn't bad,but hes a shooter,not a ball handler. The more a PG has to handle the ball the more TOs he will make if he doesn't have other ball handlers on the court.

Felton has 3 steady ball-handlers with Manuel and McCants. Jawad and Marvin Williams aren't bad ball handlers either.

Any Thoughts?

~Peace

like you was that he doesnt have a mid-range game. That is what can take a good player to being an elite player, ala Grant Hill. Deron Williams has that mid-range game, as well as an excellent 3 pt shot.

I seriously doubt I would take anyone over Deron Williams. I might trade down a little to get him, but he would definitely be my choice.

I dont which Felton you have been watching, but by the sound of it, it sounds like you were all watching his freshman year.

Felton does get out of control at times, but he can shoot the ball and man can he penetrate and break a defense down and is just fun to watch how he runs the fast break. He is an exceptional defender and like Roy Williams says, he is the "Engine".

Felton is a top point guard and will be in this league, probably the best PG in this draft, and of course Deron might challenge that and so can Paul, but this draft is very pg heavy, if we can trade down. We can snatch a very pg and a very good contributor to the team, hopefully a big man.

I don't want him. the upside is there, certainly...but so is a tremendous downside. Yes, he's taller than last's year's pg de jour (Nelson), but he's not nearly as consistent either.

He'd work fine on a team like SA (coming into a situation similar to that of Parker), but the Hawks don't have the maturity or depth to 'survive' his learning curve and erratic play (and yes, it will be there, especially if he's given full-reign as a starting pg).

got enough frustrations...

I never said that Felton doesnt have a 3pt shot. In fact, he has a pretty damn good 3pt shot. What I said was that he doesnt have a mid range game, and he doesnt. That is the type of shot that turns stars into superstars. Deron has it, Raymond doesnt. Those arent the only things separating them though, just one of the things.

Quote:

what are you talking about felton doesnt have a 3 point game. i think hes a great 3 point shooter, considering he hardly ever is wide open, he has to shoot off the dribble.

I wouldn't say he has a great 3pt shot. Its decent,not the most consistent. But he can shoot Fts and has no mud range game, that spells trouble there.

I agree that the upside is there,but Deron Williams is too good to pass up on now and there is a huge potential to be a bust in Felton.

~Peace