• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not That I'm Bragging...

Weez

but I am. This won't be a running thread or constant reminder...but whoop! just won the Squawk NCAA pick'em. shouldn't there be a 'free' Hawks ticket to the winner?! (quick, before they raise the prices again).

Wacky year and my bracket worked out. Won two pools and second in another.

are we doing the mock draft again this year? seems that the board has gained 'new members', but under old rules, they wouldn't be eligible for competition...and we've had such rancid problems with inconsistency from the drafters.

little premature...regardless, I just wanted to pat my own back...

Thats right. I run the mock draft every year because I put a ton of work into creating the application for it and since I have run it for the past 3 years I have established a rule that you have to be a contributing member of this website for a lenght of time. That helps to keep people from bailing out on making their picks or blowing it off.

and I'm ok with the Dolf. I remember when first joining the board, I had to sit out of both mock-draft and fantasy leagues owing to my short tenure...and that's ok (kinda like pt on euro teams).

my personal recommendation to 'alleviate' this issue...is allow newer persons to 'pair' with older vets, especially those who have multiple picks. The goal would be to encourage dialogue between posters and increase the liklihood of 'stop gap' measures in the even that a person is slow to draft...

Yeah something like that could be worked out. That's right I do remember that issue when you first started. I think you ended up picking for someone though didnt you? We still have some time till the draft to figure out how to make it better this year.

yeah, ended up picking in the draft, though did have to 'learn the ropes' in the fantasy 'b' league...which was fine...until I missed this year's draft (still irks me).

it's all good. the 'pups' can advocate for themselves, I'm just throwing out ideas in order to decrease the liklihood of missed picks/huge delays.

hmm. when are most of the workouts finished? the chitown predraft camp? It's not much more than 30 days between May 5th (or declaration deadline) and the actual draft...

personally, I think two picks per day could be enough, especially if, after a pick is made, the 'tiemframe until the next pick' remains in place.