• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Read this from a Bucks fan who is not happy

archie44

Stole this from the ESPN Board. Thought it was a good read on Glenn. Sorry if this is against any rules but I wanted you guys to read this from a Bucks fan.

--------

34784 of 34786: The Big Dog 4 Hits / 0 Recs

Posted by: bucks_fan2 (1 Msg) 2:45PM PDT, Aug 5, 2002

Hello Hawks fans,

I hope you guys realize that you thoroughly abused us in the trade for Big Dog! I've been a huge Bucks fan since before we drafted Glenn, and I'm here to put in a good word for him.

It seems to me that Big Dog has a bad reputation among fans and the media. "He can't play D" they say. I've seen a lot of Bucks games, and I can say truthfully that he is a better defender than Ray, Sam, and TT (which might not be saying much...). He's an average defender - not the matador everyone says he is. In fact, Glenn led the Bucks in steals per game this season at one and a half.

Glenn is a winner. He was named Mr. Basketball in Indiana his senior year in high school after carrying his team to the state championship. In college, he almost single-handedly led Purdue to the Elite Eight. Big Dog averaged something like 30 ppg and 10 rpg the season before joining the NBA. Veteran coach Gene Keady even stated: "If I had to choose one person to go to war with, it would be Glenn Robinson." In the NBA, Glenn has been a model of consistency. He has averaged about 21-22 ppg for his career while shooting around 47% - and most of those seasons were on weak Bucks teams. When we finally had some playoff appearances, Big Dog was at the heart of them. Glenn was loyal to Milwaukee, and we dumped him for jack.

Yes, he is under scrutiny for a domestic disturbance, but I'm guessing it will blow over. Up to this point, the only story we've heard has been that of his ex-fiancee. Let the man defend himself before judging him! I think many fans see Big Dog as cocky, which is a shame. I used to feel this way about him, too, but soon realized that he is just shy! He doesn't want the limelight - he simply wants to play ball and win.

I hope you'll give the Big Dog a warm welcome. You should have a tough team this season. I know you'll enjoy it when he's busting fifteen footers in his defender's face! Personally, I'll be cheering for Glenn when you play us. He's gonna eat TT alive!

Peace

would you want??! I mean, really TK is going to give them about what he gave us, Smith may never play in NBA again, and our pick to them will give them somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15 at best, I would think.

If I were a Bucks fan I too would be pissed, just like most of us were when the, stupid rumor was going around that we were dealing JT and Hendu or whomever it was for Spree!

I would be pissed, and so would you. Let's all just be glad that we got who we did, and not on the other end of that putrid deal that was previously mentioned.

GO HAWKS!!!

The point is:

Glenn Robinson is a player. He is getting a bad rap from a lot of people, but there are some G-Rob fans who know what he has meant to the Bucks organization and what he will do for us.

I don't give a damn what Toni does for them. He's the enemy now.

I remember another trade that was called into scrutiny and the bashing of the player for everything from lazy to mal-content to locker room cancer.

Everyone told us Atlanta Braves fans that we were stupid to trade for Gary Sheffield although very talented, he would destroy chemistry, would be a big impact on younger players and we would learn to hate him (like the fans of his last team).

Well I think it worked out for the Braves.

I see BD as the same type player. He has a lot of critics (mostly media) for being a locker room cancer, lazy, etc, but has a lot of talent. One thing that always can change a players behavior is being welcome. You think for one second JT wont meet this guy as he steps off the plane and tell him that he is welcome on the Hawks. Probably start pumping him up about how he will feed him until his arms are exhausted and Glen will then be telling the world that this is the place that he wants to end his career.

The Braves gave up alot in that trade.,,,but obviousally they

haven't lost a beat.The Braves might have the best scouting

staff in the national league.Guys like Perez/Dye(Injured nowthough?)

have came trhough and been traded.

The biggest thing I hear about Big Dog is lack of defense.If that is

the case we might should look for a good defending backup SF as

well as a 3rd string center.