• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would having kept JT made us any better this year?

Wurider05

Terry would have sulked this year, he was starting to sulk before he was traded, and he still shows his old self every once in a while in Dallas, don't be fooled, Dallas is LOADED with talent, they go 9 or 10 deep, and they are able to mask Terry's fault. Our team was in serious need of vet leadership at the point, KA didn't work out, Lue is decent but not good enough on D, and I sure as hell don't want JT developing Royal Ivey. U kidding me?

Terry was a good player when he was in college, in a winning atmosphere. He is behaving now with Dallas( winning team). Unlike JC and JS, JT don't hold up well against adversity. After being on the Hawks for so long without winning, you could just see that he accepted that losing is OK. He lost his fire. At least Smoove and Chill are still playing with a purpose. They will develop into what JT and Diaw is not. BY the way I was a JT fan too, but in order to move forward we needed to clean out the gutters first. Starting with Babcock (Brain dead) all the way down to Henderson and Crawford ( bottom feeders just eating up cap space). BK only did what needed to be done. The future is bright and the Hawks will soar again. We just need to wait a bit while the young birds develop their wings.

I don't mean to sound harsh, I love JT too. He was the nicest Hawks player I asked for an autograph by far and actually shook my hand and my son's hand too (he was just 2 at the time). He is a great guy and I wish him the best and I'm rooting for the Mavs in the playoffs.

It just wasn't a good fit for him here in ATL right now as we build this team. He is a nice piece to add to a team that is already a contender though, like Dallas was he isn't a core player, and on a team that doesn't have its core in place yet he doesn't fit.