• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff McInnis

BlackHawkDown

Oh I would of rather have him over DD anyday, especially this year because we will be making a run to the playoffs and possibly championship. I always liked McInnis, me being a big Tarheels fan, he was a great player in college. He really became a very good PG in this league and was a great part of the clippers run last year.

From the portland paper this week...

Blazers seeking deal with McInnis

08/03/02

The Trail Blazers have made contact with free agent Jeff McInnis and could be close to signing the former Los Angeles Clippers point guard.

Agent Bill Strickland said the Blazers' talks with McInnis are "progressing" and that his "fate may be known to all" as early as next week.

McInnis, who averaged a career-high 14.6 points and 6.2 assists last season with the Clippers, is familiar to the Blazers' coaching staff.

He played three years in the Continental Basketball Association with Quad City, which was coached by Blazers assistant Dan Panaggio. In 1998, Blazers coach Maurice Cheeks was an assistant under Panaggio and tutored McInnis.

McInnis, who turns 28 in October, made $590,580 last season with the Clippers. Under the collective bargaining agreement, the Blazers could offer McInnis all or part of their $4.7 million mid-level exception.

Blazers president Bob Whitsitt declined to comment.

Meanwhile, Strickland said talks with the Blazers and free agent Bonzi Wells also are moving forward.

"Things are progressing and we continue our discussions with both players," Strickland said.

Wells is a restricted free agent, meaning the Blazers would have 15 days to match an offer made by another team. However, it appears both sides want Wells to remain a Blazer.

-- Jason Quick

u guys didnt hear about his ego and his bad attitude? If his minutes are shorten in any game, he will flat out LET U KNOW (lets put it in those words).

He doesnt think hes a backup type player and wants HEAVY MINUTES at the point guard position. I used to want him on the team to go along with JT at the 2 (during the days JT was playing at 2) since hes a TALL PG... but i changed my mind after reading several articles about his temper.

Has anyone else read something about his attitude?

From what I see from ESPN, sports writers are very faulable creatures so I dont necessarily care if they claim he has a bad attitude, a couple of weeks ago AI's wife was naked when he kicked her out, turned out to be a rumor. McInnis took the hard road to the NBA which tells me he appreciates it enough to be a professional, plus at 28 he will be interested in securing his pay check and his families's future. Trust me any time you are a pro athelete everybody in or close to your family suddenly needs help. So I think he would be an excellent and mature BU PG.