Bring back Cal Bowdler? (gulp!)

cyman3

If things dont work out with WILLIS, whats the backup plan? It seems like the negociations with Newble arent coming to a close anytime soon... who will be our last player?

C: Ratliff, Mohammed

PF:Abdur-Rahim, Henderson

SF:Robinson, Crawford

SG:Johnson/Glover

PG:Terry, Dickau

PG/SG = Email, PF/C = Bowdler?

He is our BIGGEST PLAYER at 6'10" 253 lbs.

83.0% FT shooter for a center is not bad.

2.10 rebounds in 11 minutes arent that bad either.

No way. If things don't work out with Willis and Ira, I give the last roster spot to Haslim, someone who has the Elton Brand workhorse mentality (NOT of equal talent). He's worth the risk...Robinson's experience lessened my earlier desire of bringing in a vet with some playoff experience. While chemistry is the biggest question now, and more experience wouldn't hurt, we have the luxury of being able to sign a younger "talent."

Haslim isint a bad thought. After thinking about it again, no to CAL BOWDLER.

I rather have-

1)Loren Woods (is he Leon Smith part 2?) = a good rebounder and blocker. Was considered a top 10 pick couple years back but fell way down to the 2nd round. His emotional problems scared some GMs (didnt he also have injury problem?). Either way, the kid is SKILLED!

2)ZhiZhi Wang- an above average rebounder... at 7'1" he strokes the three at 41.4%... DAYUM!

3)Nesterovic- an average starting center. a more athletic Nazr Mohammed? I think the Wolves are commited to signing him though...

4)Garrett- the fact that he started at Minnesota gets him in. As a 3rd backup CENTER, he would be the best 3rd backup center in the league.

those are 4 candidates i wouldnt mind seen as a 3rd center (or potential 2nd center, beating Mohammed to the job).

1 guy we should look at is:

WALT WILLIAMS- his speciality could come in handy

Ranks #12 in the NBA in Three-Point Field-Goal Percentage(0.426)

Cyman, nice thoughts.

I agree with your sentiments, but as for the players you mentioned...

Woods had some back problems, I'm not sure about the emotional ones. IMO, he's a solid player with four years of college experience on championship teams. He reminds me a lot of a slightly lesser Camby, with his slight build and back problems. Not a bad choice, though I think he might be more of a PF bu.

Zhizhi - will want too many dollars becuase he's a media curiousity. Wouldn't mind him, but he'll be asking for more than Newble I have a feeling - what is ATL's asian community like?

Nesterovic - they're going to resign him, and again, he would probably want more money than we have to throw at a bu right now.

Garrett - don't really know him, can't speak

of the three choices, I like Woods the best, perhaps even over Haslim (not sure). He'd come cheap, and that's something that we really have to keep in mind given that we're going to have to resign JT next summer (even if it's a SNT - I really don't want to see this, best of luck this year at the pg...show 'em something).

Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje

Alvin Jones

Loren Woods.

All have potential and wouldn't cost much.

I hate Bowdler.I will save you guys the trouble. But that is because BHD is a racist.

Garrett doesn't interest me. Wang is a below average project type player. And I just dont think much of Nesterovic, plus he is a bit expensive in terms of what we would lose. But that comment to is meaningless because BHD is racist.

Any trade should involve a three way with Otown M.Miller could help us get a lot especially if we get Dion involved.

zhizhi is not an above average rebounder, at least he wasn't last year. but i heard that he has improved on his rebound and defense dramatically over the summer. he has a center's body, but not a center's game. he plays like a small forward. he is a hard worker but i really don't see him as a good fit for the hawks.

zhizhi is definitely better than bowdler, but he would cost more (3+ million a year).

he does have a nice frame. He reminds me A LOT of CAMBY (mostly dunks as his primary offensive weapon, good blocker/rebounder).

It seems like ZhiZhi would cost more... the asian community here is pretty big, not as big as LA or NY, but Big. He'll attract more asian fans, but how many asians actually keep up with the hawks? They're all too busy caught up with the Braves fever (im not a racist, im an asian and speaking of asians in GENERAL).

Nesterovic, i do think he'll cost us the most...