• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Latest from Sekou

KB21

Quote:

• Today's question: Now that draft day is here, are you as sure as ever that Marvin Williams is the player the Hawks are going to and should draft? And if so, why?

I really do believe that Marvin Williams is the guy the Hawks are going to take and should take.
Forget all the nonsense you hear about his position being the same as players already on the roster. He makes sense for a team with an absolutely dreadful draft history.
Talent-wise, he's got everything you want in a top draft pick. From all indications his character is pristine, and his unassuming demeanor and tireless work ethic will make him a fan favorite. I know Hawks fans have been stained by years of "can't miss" guys going wrong, but things have to change sometime. And this could be that time. More than anything, though, I'm convinced more than ever that the theory of drafting the best player available is the right approach. I've seen far too many instances where a team tries to overanalyze the process, when the obvious choice is usually the best choice. Do the Hawks need a point guard? Heck, yes. But if Deron Williams or Chris Paul or even Raymond Felton were better prospects than Marvin Williams, one of their names would have been the subject of your question instead of Marvin Williams. If he's the booby prize in a draft, that's not a half-bad night.

• Premium Member

Quote:

That's what I'm worried about. I'm worried that Milwaukee will wisen up and select Marvin Williams with the first pick. I know he is the player I would select if I had the top overall pick.

Andy Katz just reported that the Bucks will take Bogut unless an incredible offer is made.

Marvin will be the choice at #2. The only question will be if he's traded.