• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Terry Stotts mentioned as have left Bucks staff

at the Exhibition game for the World Championships. How does a guy 7'5 296lbs only grab 5rebounds? Yeah he had 17pts and 5blocks but his rebounding effort was pittiful. Another thing is how does he let a guy who is 6ft6 push him around in the paint? It clearly looks like it will take him a good year or two to get used to the physicality in the NBA. I think he will turn out to be a pretty good player but it won't happen immediatly.

require a year or two to adjust to the NBA and the drastic increase in the level of competition. We won't really know how good he is going to be for at least a couple of years. That being said, I think he will be significantly better than Tyson Chandler, Kwame Brown and Eddy Curry were as rookies. I look for him to average 12-14 points per game and probably 7-8 boards a game as a rookie. That's not All Star caliber stuff but it's not horrible either.

If you watch the game yesterday in Vancouver (which I don't think you have), here is what happened, the style he used to play is different from american basketball. you can call him soft, but he is soft only because the style he used to play is different. Basically, if you seen some Mavs games last year, and have a close look at Wang, you will see why Ming only had 5 rebounds. The transition from China league to the NBA may need a year or two for Ming. He has real good shot selections and he is pretty fast for a guy his size. he is no shawn bradley. Nash was incredible, drove pass those Chinese guards (they suck) anyway he wanted. One more thing, thoses Chinese guards couldn't get Ming the ball inside, Ming could have scored more if he had a better guard who knows how to get him the ball.

I did not go to the game, this is from two of my teamates, who went to watch it. I had a final exam yesterday and talked to them immediately after my exam, thats why i didn't go. BTW, they saw Ming in the bar the other night and talked to Nash (they know his cousin). I wish I could have go because that was probably the best basketball game in Vancouver for years.

After what I've seen from Wang Zhi Zhi and Mengke Bateer China is suffering from Sissyball-itis. Most Asian and European players play a softer brand of ball than others. Its not so much that Yao Ming sucks so much as he hasn't been exposed to real basketball. A few years here, he is still young,21, and he will be good. But right now I think Houston is going to be very disappointed. But unless he works out with Shaq, and others he might not ever learn to bang.

I am sure you will say BHD your just racist against asians, so I will save you the trouble.

PS Is Yao a chinese name I have alway known Yao as an African Name?

The Chinese use a different sets of characters (and they are so complicated and look like pictures, which is really cool). They have something else called Pinyin (or something like that), and they are represented by english characters with all those little slashes, bars, back slashes .... on top of those letters. Every few of those letters combined corresponds to one chinese character. "Yao" probably came from that.

I have learnt Mandarin for 2 years in highschool couple years ago. Thats why I know quite a bit about the Chinese character and stuff like that.