Those " Blank" Falcons

Gray Mule

Thanks to the new owner, Blank, who cut the price of

tickets so that the average fan can now afford to go,

and hopefully find some of the new parking available,

blackout of T.V. has been lifted.

Therefore, we all can watch if we want to. I am looking

foreward to the second pre-season game to see if the

Falcons have improved since the first one.

Vick is like quicksilver but doesn't quiet have it all

together as of yet. He needs the experience of the

pre-season games.

Gray Mule

I know it's pre-season but ----

A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN !!!!

Different defense seems to be working.

Offensive line is working.

Lot's of the timing is still off, but this will come.

Gray Mule

• Admin

I got the jitters when the Giants scored in the first 2 minutes of the game but the Falcons came charging right back. They seemed to take advantage of every mistake NY made. Defense is going to be a problem for them though. Unless NY made mistakes (fumbles, bad passes) they didn't seem to have much of a problem getting down teh field on our D. Still a very fun game though.

Teams are not going to turn the ball over THAT much in the regular season and if it weren't for the turnovers, the D had a hard time stopping the run. After 2 preseason games, I'm beginning to wonder if some of the critics were right who said we needed some additional personnel to effectively run the 3-4. I think the linebackers, corners and ends are solid but I think Catfish (Ed Jasper) is too small to be a run stuffer at nose tackle and I think our safeties are too slow to defend the pass. Catfish made a few plays but I saw the Giants create a number of HUGE holes right up the middle. If this had been a regular season game, I think we would have been in trouble because they were running the ball at will. Look at the game statistics, particularly in the first half when the starters for both teams were on the field. The Giants dominated everywhere except in turnovers and on the scoreboard.

If Catfish doesn't start looking better over the next couple of preseason games, the Falcons had better be looking for some help at that position. I think they were counting on Dronett to play there quite a bit but he's out for the season. Travis Hall will also lineup there occasionally but he's as injury prone as Chris Chandler was. I'd LOVE to see us go out and sign a big run stuffer to play 1st and 2nd down who could share some snaps with Catfish. Catfish is a good DT, but I think he was better in the 4-3 than he will be in the 3-4. I hope I'm wrong but I'm concerned.

As for the safeties, they are all hitters and they look good against the run but against the pass, they leave a LOT to be desired. That long TD pass to Hilliard was ridiculous. A good safety would have picked that ball off or at least knocked it down. Carpenter wasn't even close to being in position to make a play.

Offensively, I saw some good things. I think Weiner looked good protecting Vick. I think Willie Jackson is going to start, I just hope he starts in place of Jefferson and not Finnneran. Neither Jackson nor Finneran are burners but they are both playmakers and they both have good hands.

I think Duckett looks like he is going to be the real deal. The Falcons are going to have a hard time keeping that kid out of the starting lineup. I know they are trying not to show too much with Dunn (and Vick for that matter) and that limits his effectiveness but TJ looks like he will be THE MAN before long. I think Doug Johnson looked very solid again.

I was concerned about not having a veteran backup QB but after his performance in the last two games, I think he's ready for the job.

I think that Vick looks a LOT more comfortable and other than the one pick (which may or may not have been his fault), I thought he was solid. He still throws a hard ball that is difficult to catch on a lot of occasions. I think that is another reason that Willie Jackson needs to start because he has great hands. I like that Chivareni (sp?) kid's hands too. I hope he makes the squad.

I'm still VERY optimisitc about this team and I think we can surprise some people this year. If we can find a way to stop the run, I think we have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs.