The Agent Dance.

Inside_Man

short aside---

I'm watching "Entourage" on HBO last night and one of the storylines is the agent, Ari, trying to get work for the movie star, Vince. Well Vince was in line for this movie, and then he's out of the running, but then the director wants another one of Ari's clients, so then Ari put's the screws back in to get the job for Vince. Maybe this type of quid pro quo is happening here.

SFX represents 18% of NBA players. Which centers do they represent? Maybe the Hawks went to an agent and said we want so-and-so to come play for us, and the agent (just like Ari on Entourage) says, OK, I'll deliver, but first you have to help my guy JJ get some fat money out of Phoenix.

Quid pro quo.

Could happen.

• Admin

I think that's probably a little deep in the conspiracy pool to be true. But who knows. It occured to me that JJ is one of my sources clients and they work with SFX a lot. So I asked them to ask around and see if they have heard anything about Phoenix being serious about matching or if it's just for good PR.

Y'all are devious, and I bet BK is too. I figure that BK to some degree will make offers to try to stretch other teams capspace. The "for an agent to get another player" thing is even better. I bet it happens although they probably dont promise you that other player, just that they'll do all they can for you. I think Kwame wants to come here and play with a bunch of guys his age. Hopefully his agent will help make it happen, and at a fair price.

• Premium Member

WOW ... Good one!!

I think you might be on to something here professor.

It makes sense.

JJ needs somebody who can deliver him a max deal.. and we need Arn's players..

Kwame/Swift for less than 16 million together.