• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Up to the minute Hawks Plan. By Diesel.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Looking at the situation, this is what we should do....

1. Sign JJ.

I hate giving out Max contracts like they were frizbees but we have to step out there sooner or later.

2. Sign Damon Stoudamire. 3 yr deal.

We need a stop gap. Somebody who can push the pace and shoot the ball. Forget this notion that JJ is a PG. He's not. Phoenix spent the Max on Nash because they knew that JJ was not a PG.. We should heed their example.

3. Sign Steven Hunter. If he's still available I would give him a 3 yr deal.

4. Sign Zsa Zsa or Diop.

I believe the way we solve our big man problem is that we find some cheap Big men who are serviceable and play 3 headed monster until we can truly get either by draft or by free agency a worthy C. If Dalembert is interested, I would tell him to sign a 1 yr deal with Philly and we'd get him next year.

Our starting team would be:

Hunter/Zsa Zsa/Diop (if possible).

Al/Marvin/Collier

CHillz/Smoove/Donta (I don't know if Donta will make it).

JJ/Salim

Damon/Diaw/Ivey

To me, this is a good squad for the second year of rebuilding.

I know some of you think that Smoove is shoudl be starting but if we get JJ, we will have to figure a rotation of Smoove, Chillz at the Sf and Chillz/JJ at the SG. I think Chillz is better than Smoove right now. Maybe Smoove outplays him for the position but it hasn't happened yet and I would put these young guys into the hands of JJ as PG because he has NO PRO experience (or very little) as a Pro PG and they are not experienced enough.

I would hold off and trading Al for nothing. I think Al is servicable for now and he's much better than Marvin will be for the next couple of years. Again, they are the same player except Marvin supposedly has better range?

Hunter gives us some presence in the middle. I don't think it's smart to overpay for Curry and watch his heart become a factor.

I don't think Dally is a max player? It's OK to gamble once, but I wouldn't gamble on Dally with 75 million.

I agree that if we get JJ, he should be our primary SG, who could also play some point.

I also agree that Childress should split his time between the 2 and 3, and is the best small forward at this point. Josh Smith would still get plenty of time at the 3 and 4.

And if we keep Al, I think bringing Marvin off the bench to get minutes at the 3 and 4 would be wise.Throwing these young guys to the wolves with major minutes can both help and hurt them, but the risk of hindering their development outweighs speeding up their development in my mind, because this is a long term build.

I'm not a D. Stoudamire fan, but that idea is better than Marbury. I'd rather get someone like Watson, who has the potential to be exactly what this team needs, and will come as a cheap experiment.

Your big man rotation scares the crap out of me, but short of getting Curry, I'm not sure how much better we can do.

If we can solidify 1-4 this offseason, and worry about the 5 on down the line, we would have still accomplished alot.

1-Watson-Diaw-Stoudamire-Ivey

2-JJ-Childress-Diaw-Stoudamire-Ivey

3-Childress-Smith-Marvin-Donta

4-Al-Marvin-Smith

I hope that Smith doesn't become a malcontent over playing time. With JJ, Childress, Marvin, Smith and Al at the 2-3, you have all you will need at those positions for a long time.

Ivey and Donta might not have jobs for too long.

• Admin

1. I tend to agree with this. JJ would be a superb long term option at SG. He's not a PG though and anyone who thinks he is is fooling themselves.

1a. I still think we should take a hard look at Marko Jaric from L.A. for PG. He's big, he can shoot, he can pass and he can rebound. His only knock is quickness. But he's a hard nosed player who will mix it up and that makes up for a lot.

2. I don't care for Damon. I don't like his attitude and his skills have faded bigtime. Honestly, I don't think he would play for us either.

3. Wouldn't mind hunter for a cheap contract. But he's a backup big man, nothing more, nothing less.

4. I think we need to pass on Dalembert and for Chicagos hand with either Curry or Chandler. Make an offer for Curry, if they match, fine. We then make an offer for Chandler. THey won't match both. Either way we get a big man with skills, alhtough very different skills. I think the league is so top heavy with g/f type players, we need to use our cap on big men whenever possible. Even if it means taking a chance on a guy like Curry. There has to be a way to work his contract so that it voids if he has any latent heart problems that resurface.

i'm fine with this plan

jj/chill/smoove/marvin/al can still get 30mpg if jj plays 10 at pg

we'll have depth, our guys will get to play serious mins, and injuries WILL occur

i'd prefer zaza to throwing money at curry, but i'd still like daly/chandler more...otherwise use zaza/diop and then look to bring over andersen and rmorris (if he improves) in the future...

hopefully next draft we get one of the top pgs and at some point in the future we'll get our center...we still have 4 years or so until chill/smoove/marvin will be looking to enter their prime, so we don't have to rush

• Premium Member

You know I do like Jaric.

I think that the timberwolves are really close to signing him. I would take Damon or Knight or Earl... But I prefer Damon to the other two simply because he also can shoot.

• Premium Member

I think we won't go with Collier starting... That's just sickening.

I would rather see us with Zsa Zsa/Hunter in combo at C.

Then in next years draft, Our focus becomes RONDO!!