• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A funny ZaZa Pachulia note:

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Basketball-reference.com compares players statistics based on age and guess who ZaZa compares the most with at age 19 and 20:

Kwame Brown.

The most striking thing about Pachulia is that he's only 21. I thought he was several years older...I think he's definitely worth the risk, especially if he as tough as described:

Quote:

“He’s a physical player who is young and on the inside he just has a relentless ability to stay on the offensive glass and also has the ability to make a 15, 16-foot jumper from the perimeter.” - Bernie Bickerstaff

From HoopsHype

Quote:

While Harris has repeatedly said he wants to retain Pachulia, he may have a tough time doing so, especially if another team offers Pachulia major money. Fleisher reiterated what he told me two weeks ago: the Bucks and another team have extended offers to Pachulia. Like he did then, Fleisher wouldn't reveal the other team. Fleisher, Pachulia and the other mystery team have been so tight-lipped about the offer that even Bucks officials don't know the team.

Now we know that BK doesn't talk about what he's up to unless he has a reason to. The Hawks just might be that other team.

I agree if we get JJ...it makes sense to try and get ZZ and Hunter...the maybe Reggie Evans....is he still available?

No need to take a chance on Curry.....if you r the GM you have to believe that your picks Chillz, Marvin, Smoove and Salim will become very good....add JJ and why do you need a dominant center...getting a center that plays sound d and rebounds makes more sense.

• Premium Member

I was just looking at Milwaukee's cap situation and it doesn't look like they have any money left to sign Pachulia.

They have:

$31.7M in committed salaries

$8.1M for Simmons

$4.7M for Gadzuric

$6.0M cap hold for Redd

Total: $50.5M

That puts them right at (or maybe above) the salary cap. They don't have the MLE because they're so far below the cap, so even the new Arenas/Boozer rule should not apply.

If I've done my homework right, it looks like Pachulia is basically an unrestricted free agent.

It looks like they chose Simmons over ZaZa.

• Premium Member

They can sign Gadzuric after Pachulia, so they can sign him for up to the MLE. They have around $40.3 right now with cap holds. After Simmons, they would have $48.4M or so. So, they can match an offer up to the MLE for Zaza.

So it looks like Milwaukee can offer up to $40M for Zaza over six years. But, if he really wants playing time, the Hawks might be able to bid less years, but more $ per year.

The Hawks basically have to offer at least $6M per year for at least 3 years to not get Milwaukee to match, but how much more will it take to get Zaza to sign?

In other words, would you rather offer Curry 5 years, $55M+ (without insurance) or offer Zaza five years, $35M+ (an Etan Thomas type offer)?

• Premium Member

Supposedly, the new Boozer/Arenas rule says that the most the Hawks can offer Pachulia is the MLE for the first year. After that, they can offer whatever...

...I think it's a really stupid rule and may be the reason the moratorium was extended.