• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumor: S&T - Diaw and 2#1s for JJ.

Inside_Man

It depends on if they are lottery protected or not.

I hate to give up first round picks as much as anyone, but if there is a player available that is worth it, Joe Johnson is that guy.

Plus, it allows us to use Al in an attempt to get Jamaal Magloire.

I guess I can handle it if one of the two picks is the one from Boston, and the other is a distant and protected one (2008 lottery protected?). We definitely are giving up alot, but that's what it takes at this stage of rebuilding I suppose. Definitely a huge asset to add to our team, regardless of the cost

On the surface it looks expensive, but if you think about it might not be so bad. If we give up Diaw, the #1 pick due to us from the Walker trade, and another future lottery protected #1 pick then I'd say we would have to go for it.

Here my reasoning: Diaw is not a Woodson type of player and with the additions of JJ and Salim to go along with J-Chill, J-Smoove, and Marvin manning the 1, 2, and 3 positions Diaw's playing time would be severely cut because he doesn't deserve minutes over any of those guys. The #1 pick from the Walker trade is more than likely going to be in the teens and next year's draft is going to be really weak because of the 19 year old age limit. Now the key is the other #1 pick. I wouldn't include the 2nd #1 pick unless it was lottery protected. If it is lottery protected then we still wouldn't be risking giving up a top propsect later on.

We would still have our own #1 pick to draft the best C prospect next year assuming that we don't get Curry and we keep Harrington around. Then our future lineup would be:

PG: JJ/Salim/Veteran FA PG?/Ivey

SG: Childress/JJ/Salim

SF: J Smith/Marvin/Childress

PF: Harrington/Marvin/J Smith

C: Curry?/Hunter?/Pachulia?/06 #1 Draft Pick?

That would be a very versatile team with the potential to be a great one in a couple of years. What do you guys think?

Its great that we will come out of this summer with something. We are over paying JJ and we are giving up a lot. I am ok with giving up Diaw and the Laker/Celtic pick. Next years draft is not that good anyways, and I expect that pick to be around 17-20. The real question is the protection of the 2nd first round pick.

I hope BK knows what hes doing here. He must have a hell of a lot of confidence that JJ is a pg and can be effective. Now on to the centers!!!