• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are your thoughts on alleged Johnson swap

DawsonsCreek

• Premium Member

I agree with a lot of what you have said...

I think that this is what it all boils down to...

We are not in the position where we can continue to look to the draft for talent. I think that we had to get a FA here this year and BK went Balls to the Wall to make it happen.

JJ now has to be the man. The onus is on him to make the deal look like a good deal for us. Regaurdless of if Boris Blows up or if one of the picks becomes whatever... I think if JJ performs, it's still a deal that was worth doing because we have a lot of young talent. Young talent won't win nothing on it's own.

JJ has an ok postup game. It has improved lately.

He really is best at facing up and hitting a jumper. He has a nice drive and floater in the lane. He doesn't finish strong around the hoop. He is good at breaking people down off the dribble. I have seen him make Bowen look silly many times. JJ is a clutch player and was Mr.4th quarter for the Suns.

IMO JJ is an adaquate PG. The Suns offense always seems to slow down a little when he was running the point. Of course that is compared to Nash one of the best veteran PG in the league.

He is a little overrated on defense but there is nobody (at guard) that can back him down. He uses his size and strength very well and could play 4 positions in a pinch.

He has always semed to be a little mentally fragile. Hearing you guys talk about Diaw reminds me of Johnson 2 seasons ago before we dumped Penny.

I am a big JJ fan. I am really disappointed he is leaving Phoenix but paying him $70M/5 is a stretch.