• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on the first round picks...

coat89

A team like the Hawks eventually has to start looking for ways to get some talented veterans. If you never sign anybody then eventually players you develop will leave too. You are always having turn over. I like the way the Thrashers have built the team. Take your lumps and have good drafts for a few years. Then as the younger guys are starting to mature add some higher priced veterans to the mix. Belkin doesn't seem to see that any players we get with those picks are going to take a couple of years to mature. At that point, whose to say the Josh's won't be fed up and ready to bolt.

I believe what Belkin is attempting to do here has nothing to do with draft picks, the compensation we're giving Phoenix or Johnson, or even the trade itself. I believe that's just misdirection, and the bottom-line is that this is just a power struggle between himself and the other owners- for what reason, I have no idea....

If it's true the other owners went behind him or kept him out of the loop during the trade talks, then he's got a right to be pissed. BUT, at the heart of it all this crap is extremely damaging to the franchise. The owners need to realize this, put aside their little catfights and personal agendas, cut the childish bullshit and do what's in the best interests of the team!

Otherwise there is no hope, and very little point in even continuing onward as a fan.