• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Top 10 Overpaid Players.

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. Juwaun Howard. How could you pay this guy that much. Has he ever seen the playoffs? Something to think about.

2. Alan Henderson. Yep. I like Hendu a lot. But when was the last time he played a full season. He's a good backup but 7 million is too much to pay a BU.

3. K. Cato. He makes far too much? He's not worthy.

4. Austin Croshere. I want to believe that Croshere would one day prove the critics wrong. But for now, he's done nothing.

5. Vin Baker. This guy had a good yr. He propelled himself out of the #2 position. However, he's still not worth the money.

6. Kevin Garnett. Yep. KG is good. 21, 10, 6. Very good. However, to be making Shaq like Numbers, you have to put up more than That. He's making twice as much as Reef. For that, I would expect 2 times as much effort.

7. Hakeem Olajuwaun. The game has passed him by. Now he's old but he's getting paid. Overpaid.

8. Bowen. What does this guy do?

9. Glenn Rice. He's making 11 million dollars and he doesn't start anymore??

10. Scottie Pippen. Ok Pippen, Kemp has given up the money. Why don't you do the same. Actually, Pippen should have gone a little higher but Pip does produce and he still plays OK defense. I guess all those yrs being a marquee player with the Bulls had to be paid for by someone.

• Admin

These one could argue that any of these guys could be on the list:

Alan Houston!! - all that money for a guy that is NOTHING but a spot up shooter. He's more one dimensional than Reggie Miller. This is the one guy that I will argue should have been top 3!!

Shandon Anderson - I can't remember his contract size but it was pretty large considering just how little he produces.

Grant Hill - I love Grant. But if you are judging production vs. money spent, he's WAY overpaid.

Zadrunas Ilgauskus - I know he's been injured. But he still got a hefty payday and has yet to live up to it. His production vs. his pay = way overpaid.

• Premium Member

I thought about injured players. However, I said, there are a lot of healthy players that just make too much.

I guess I can compile a list of overpaid injured all the time players:

Theo, Mash, Toni, Hill, Big Z, Brandon, etc.

About Houston....

Hard to say. 100 million is overpayment, but he's the best Pure shooter in the game (Ray Allen might argue) plus he'll get you 20. But you're right, he can't elevate a team.