• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the deal?

Dragitoff

A few weeks ago, there were posts that Atlanta was in discussions with another team about acquiring another big man, leading us and the media to speculate on the Curry talks opening up again. Now that training camp is near opening, has anyone heard anything more of this or other potential (not fabricated) deals? Did the talks fail or were they ever revived? I don't get to read every post on here, so I'm sorry if this has been discussed recently (although I couldn't find where after quickly scanning) ON another note, it sucks because I'll be in ATL attending a convention right by Phillips Arena and the Hawks are on the road. I was looking forward to attending my first game! Oh well.

• Premium Member

Curry blew it.

I think he blew us off, his Physical obviously isn't looking so good.. And maybe BK said that he would wait for Curry to take the 1 yr deal from Chicago Play and either improve or disprove his value. Curry is LAZY and it doesn't take an eagle eye to see it. So we can afford to bypass his laziness in order that we don't make a mistake...

yep. Curry's essentially locked into the one year tender from Chicago. I havn'et seen this officially reported, but it's generally regarded as true...

for those who aren't junkies, this also means that Curry is unable to be traded, under any circumstances, throughout the upcoming season...just fyi.

Thanks for the info guys. I try to keep up with what's going on this site (I'm fairly new to it), but I don't have time to wade through all the bogus reports and such to find out what's the real story sometime. AJC hasn't really had much that I've seen in weeks concerning the Hawks other than announcing the signing of Batista. Any ideas if that was THE DEAL that was being referring to a few weeks back or could there be another potential deal?