Jimmy Jackson...?

there's some talk over at the RealGM board (a site that I check on now and again, but rarely post on - due to this site and its informed opinions).

I found it interesting and thought I'd throw it out here. I realize that I just made a post about getting a banger, but another thought that's been discussed is getting a solid shooter with range to be a zone buster when needed. What was JJ's status when he left the team, i.e. animosity with Pete (am I making that up)? Would he be willing to come back for a little above the vet minimum? Would we want him back?

• Premium Member

Ira isn't exactly a no brainer. We are talking about talented scorers. Yes Ira plays good defense but unless we get a Sf replacement, I wouldn't suggest that we just place Ira in the starting lineup. We still need somebody dependable behind big Dog. Us playing Glover or a tired Ira there just won't do.

So here's what needs to happen if Ira is to become a starter.

we need to get a FA who can play both BU at 3 and 4. Reason being is that I don't trust Hendu either. What we need is a Danny the dinosaur Manning type player. But are there any?

Again, health becomes an issue - if CC is healthy (finally) and can play, then the need for a bu sf is greatly decreased. But given his history, it's certainly an area of concern...the more I think about it, the more I think we need to find someone that's a bit of a "tweener," that can play both the three and possibly a little time at the 4 (to guard against any injuries to Hendu).

• Premium Member

Well, CC is not healthy NOW. In fact, since he signed his contract, when has he played a full season with the Hawks??

CC has heart but not health. Same goes for Hendu. I like both guys as guys but can you depend on them? I don't think so. and with Hendu as the Sole BU to SAR and CC the Sole BU to Big Dog (If Ira Starts at the 2) then i believe we would have to have a combo 3-4 in the mode of Toni/Manning who can play both positions and hopefully defend both positions. Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone that may be available that can do that.