Diesel are you crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawksfreak

• Premium Member

The reports are 4 to 6 months for recovery. I said I hope for a return for a playoff run. I know you're twelve so let's try to this....

Oct. Nov. Dec. Jan. = That's four months.

Oct. Nov. Dec. Jan. Feb.March. = That's 6 months.

Now the playoffs start in late April. IF DJ is healed at the latest by late March... Do you think he won't try to come back for a playoff run in Late April??

I think you should learn to count before you start calling people Crazy.... I even gave you all of Sept.

I'm not trying to start anything,but he is out for the entire season including the playoffs yes they said it will take 4-6 months to full recovery,but they also said he wont be playing this year! Aha! Didn't know that did ya! Also I can count and by the looks of most of your trades I'm probably smarter then you too. Not trying to start anything but it's the truth.

Its more of a hypothetical situation Mike. DJ could have a speedy recovery. Whoever said what now, about 6 months into the future, wont be squat when it's playoff time, and DJ's possibly had a speedy recovery. Of course they would not want him to play if he's not fully recovered, if the doctors OK it and the games are pivotal, he'll be in uniform..

Sure.... it just takes a few weeks to get your wind back and he's played with most of these guys before.. If its presumed he might only score 5-10 points in a late playoff outing from not being in shape, bad chem etc, it may not be worth it.. its too early to speculate when just a week or two in recovery difference could make a big impact..

• Premium Member

You're too young to know this but a playoff appearance is not guaranteed in any yr. ASK MILWAUKEE. So if a team makes a playoffs, they bring everything they have a leave it on the court. Waiting for next yr is talk for losers. If the Doctors OK DJ, if he has trained with the team for a while. If he is able to contribute, we should play him.

Listen, they say there is a 4-6 month recovery, but I was told it could be that long or up to 12 months before they know if he can even THINK about a comeback.

Because of the tenuous nature of the injury, he will not be able to engage in any physical activity for the prestated 4-6 months, at least.

He may never play again, a la Sterling Sharpe, if it's determined that the risk is too high to resume playing basketball.

But, at the very least, it will be into next summer before they can evaluate whether he can go back to basketball at all, and then the re-training begins.

• Admin

DJ's mother said the doctors told him he would not be playing this year, period. She also said that one of the doctors said he wouldn't be cleared for jogging for nearly a year. That does seem a little steep for me, considering the injury. But she said that if the fracture had been 1 inch longer he may not have been able to even walk again. A lot of it depends on whether or not they had to cut him to put a pin in there. If not, his recovery time will be much less. He's gonna be in a halo regardless.

DJ will not get a surgery as that would risk his pro athlete career, instead he'll get a "halo" which means he'll get a stiff thing around his neck and he'll have to take it really easy for at least 4 months letting his neck heal. Once his neck is officially healed he'll have a 4 to 6 months rehabilitation. Meaning if DJ is back, let's hope so, it won't be this season.

Besides, a player has to have played/active a certain amount of games if he is to be eligible to be put on the playoff roster.