• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sophmore Slump & I need help

Gambit99

I know alot of guys are wanting to trade these guys, but isn't it customary(sp) for NBA players to go through a sophmore slump...could this be the reason these two aren't playing as well as they did at the end of their rookie season.

I'm a hopefull kind of guy, so I'll give them some more time.

Ooh could the person who created the hawksquawk shirts contact me. I need some help creating some shirts on cafepress.com for my business.

Larenzo Reid

404 281 5451

www.ucfitness.biz

ucfitness@hotmail.com

I agree. I am guessing that if the Hawks trade either Childress or Josh Smith that they are going to end up being very good players on another team. Right now I am guessing that the Hawks will keep Smith but will probably be shopping Childress. That is OK if they can get a decent PG or Center in return. But, I am also guessing that they will get little in return and that Childress will end up being a pretty good player on another team. I would like to see the Hawks keep Childress and Smith for at least another year to see what they can do with another year of experience.

A big part of the sophmore slump is that other teams figure out the moves players like to make during their rookie year and make adjustments during the sophmore year.

A well rounded player can change his game to take what the defense gives them. A one dimensional player gets shut down.

He is SO totally screwed in the head right now... Has no confidence in anything he does...

Last night's boxscore:

0-1 airball

2 rebounds

2 fouls

1 steal

2 turnovers

in 12 minutes... ouch

And add in the fact that he can't play one on one defense... He plays too far off on the guy instead of gettin' in his face like JJ does...

I continue to say it, the Hawks are worse off with the Josh's on the floor... But I understand they're not gonna get any better on the bench... Plus, it improves our lottery position day by day... Only bad part is the projected top 5 in next year's draft is weak as all get out:

Rudy Gay (yet another 6-8 player)

Andrea Bargnani (7 footer with no body strength)

Josh McRoberts (Freshman)

LaMarcus Aldridge

Daniel Gibson

I sure hope these names become more familiar as the year goes on... yuk

His head is more than likely out of it right now and he shouldn't be starting, but he should get time in against other teams second squads to build his confidence and be forced to earn his position back in practice...it seems to be working to get Smoove to play harder, but everyone is different. I believe that both of them could benefit from a life coach!

I wouldn't trade them, unless you're bring in major talent and neither of them could right now. Making them part of a package to bring in someone might be a possibility, but if it's not someone like Wade(who we wouldn't get) I wouldn't do it. Therefore we need to continue to develope these guys, it's only their second season.

Sure, other teams watch and learn what a player does

well and what he doesn't do well. Teams have scouts

who do this all the time. Then, there is the so called

Sophmore thing that second players seem to hit.

BUT

Talent doesn't just suddenly dissapear. The ability to

hit shots doesn't just go away. Rebounding talent.

Passing ability. Shooting free throws. Our body does'nt

suddenly loose this talent.

Just knowing how a player acts and reacts slowly changes

as he matures. He doesn't just suddenly go boom and

all that's gone.

That leaves the mental part. Josh C. is in a terrible

mental vaccum. He is lost, mentally. How long this

will last, we don't know. He may slowly emerge, he may

suddenly snap out of it or it may mean his going to a

new team to cure it.

Hopefully, he will soon awaken from this nightmare and

again be the player he was late last season.

wink.gif