• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why aren't we talking about Smitty?

Wretch

• Premium Member

What do you guys think of Steve Smith behind the mic?

Personally, I think it's gonna work. At first, Smitty seemed a little tentative. Though, as each game goes by more and more of his personality is starting to come out.

His knowledge of the game is impressive. He really knows what's going on out there, but I suppose I should expect as much from a former PG. What really gets me is how he takes an occaisional stab at Woody's coaching. Specifically, his substitutions and his play calling. He's right too...JJ and Al should be playing off of each other and I would love to see us start using that.

He's a bit strong on the homerism, but he's good.

Yeah, he's been tough on Woody...but, he shold be...I just do not like the way we look on offense or defense.

I like Smitty though, it's great to have someone one doing color commentary that truly knows what's going on.

I think the Hawks picked a winner and he's one of a few bright spots we can speak of.

I like Smitty too. He's taken far less time to come around than Grant Long did. Grant Long di grow on me after a while because in games we would be getting blown out he would make jokes and make me laugh. He would dog out Daniel Santiago. I didn't like Mark Price last year at all. I felt he was trying to be impartial to the point that I felt he was rooting against us. Smitty is doing well. I agree with alot of what he says. I don't mind the homerism, I kind of like that when I'm watching the Hawks. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one rooting for them. Hopefully Smitty will stay a while.