• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Bait

BornandDieHawks

I am guessing Dec 15 the trade winds will pick up. Let examine who we have to consider for a trade. This is what I see BK working with initally. Right now I have taken Smooth, Chillz, Marvin, ZaZa, and Salim off the list because I would think BK do not want to break up our young nucleous unless someone knocks his hat off.

JJ - Contract will be hard to move, plus the organization would never admit Belkin might have been right. In addition, we need to keep him because with the right personnel he is a closet superstar waiting to come out.

Lue - The Lakers wanted him this summer and they still may be in the market. I can't see us getting much in return so he will probably stay.

AL - Our biggest scoring threat and one of the leaders on the team, but he has an expiring contract and can get us something with value in return.

Delk - We need to get him back on the floor to estimate his value to other teams.

Ivery and Smith - No real trade value but can be a throw in with another trade.

None of our big men have any value.

What do you think?

Quote:

I am guessing Dec 15 the trade winds will pick up. Let examine who we have to consider for a trade. This is what I see BK working with initally. Right now I have taken Smooth, Chillz, Marvin, ZaZa, and Salim off the list because I would think BK do not want to break up our young nucleous unless someone knocks his hat off.

JJ - Contract will be hard to move, plus the organization would never admit Belkin might have been right. In addition, we need to keep him because with the right personnel he is a closet superstar waiting to come out.

Lue - The Lakers wanted him this summer and they still may be in the market. I can't see us getting much in return so he will probably stay.

AL - Our biggest scoring threat and one of the leaders on the team, but he has an expiring contract and can get us something with value in return.

Delk - We need to get him back on the floor to estimate his value to other teams.

Ivery and Smith - No real trade value but can be a throw in with another trade.

None of our big men have any value.

What do you think?

The only people I would want to trade at this point are Ty Lue, Esteban Batista, Royal Ivey, and Daunta Smith. Scince T-Lue is the only one with any value there, the other players we can maybe use as throw ins.

What about this deal

LAL Gets:

Tyronn Lue

Daunta Smith/Esteban Batista/Royal Ivey

ATL Gets:

Chris Mhim

Al is really the only tradeable commodity we have. As soon as we signed JJ, I thought that Chill would be the odd man out, but his mediocre play has lowered his trade value. Smoove has trade value but he has the potential to be a defensive monster. I would not trade him.

I am amazed at how Al plays despite all the losing. It is hard to find a man of his character and it would be a terrible mistake to trade him away. We run the risk of losing him in FA, but not if the team shows improvement.

Marvin has star potential and BK would not trade his most recent draft choice. I still believe that drafting Chris Paul would have been the right call. If you look at the next draft, there are no PG's that come close to Paul. In my opinion, BK made a mistake. But that is history.....we keep Marvin.

Bottom line: No significant trades. We suffer another losing season and hope to build via the draft.

All of our young guys have trade value but I doubt BK would consider it. BK has done a lot to keep our team very young with the intent of all of them growing together, so our draft from last year and this is a safe bet to remain. Delk may have some value but we need to get him on the floor and see if he can help us first. By the way, do anyone know how long Delk is suppose to be out?

i think the conclusion of no trades is looking pretty right. there just doesnt seem to be anyone available that we could get without seriously denting our talent.

still missing pieces at the point and in the banger category. maybe salim and jj can develop into a good point combo within a few games - sharing the handling duties, freeing each other for the shot.

maybe batista will develop quickly so he can help us bang for longer than 8 min without 5 fouls. maybe john edwards will find a mean streak. maybe the new guy will be a banger.

hope springs eternal. crazy.gif

Hawks do not have any veterans that they want to move

and this is what contending teams want - That player or

players to get them over the hump and into the playoffs.

With only JJ & Al, neither of which we can afford to

loose, that leaves Tyrone Lue and Tony Delk. Delk is

not playing and Lue won't demand a high return.

All the others ? If they're THAT good, Hawks need to

keep them and if they're not, who else would want them

at the price we would have to ask?

Grow your own. That's what Hawks are doing. We continue

to add pieces. Our additions since last season have

been good so far. All are young and in need of a lot

of playing time and work to become very, very good.

With a few breaks, which a young, inexperienced team

rarely gets, we could have had three more wins. As we

grow together, these losses will become victories.

We've been SO CLOSE and lost.

Minor deal? Probably. Major deal. Nope. Not likely.

smirk.gif

Quote:

Hawks do not have any veterans that they want to move

and this is what contending teams want - That player or

players to get them over the hump and into the playoffs.

With only JJ & Al, neither of which we can afford to

loose, that leaves Tyrone Lue and Tony Delk. Delk is

not playing and Lue won't demand a high return.

All the others ? If they're THAT good, Hawks need to

keep them and if they're not, who else would want them

at the price we would have to ask?

Grow your own. That's what Hawks are doing. We continue

to add pieces. Our additions since last season have

been good so far. All are young and in need of a lot

of playing time and work to become very, very good.

With a few breaks, which a young, inexperienced team

rarely gets, we could have had three more wins. As we

grow together, these losses will become victories.

We've been SO CLOSE and lost.

Minor deal? Probably. Major deal. Nope. Not likely.

smirk.gif

There is one thing the Hawks have that a lot of other teams don't and that's Cap space. Some teams may be looking to unload players who did not work out. I am not avocating we go after these guys but like Chicago is ready to get rid of Tim Thomas after one month into the season.

Eloquently put, as always, Mr. Mule. The Hawks not only should sit back and grow their own talent, they should let the talent they've signed, traded for and drafted gel together into some sort of cohesive unit. A gelatinous cube is a formidable foe in Dungeons and Dragons, but currently the Hawks are more like an unruly mob of kobolds.

I'll just go back to my basement now.