• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Challenge for Marvin

exodus

This worked pretty well for JJ so I figure I'd try it again.

Marvin likes to catch and shoot but I haven't seen him do much else. What I'd like to see is for him to catch the ball on the perimeter and , if a defender is running at him, put the ball on the floor and then score. I don't care if he pulls up for a j off the dribble or takes it all the way in. I just want to see him score one basket that way. Just one. Foul shots don't count.

Actually since this may be too tough for him I will give him another way to meet the challenge. If he posts someone and scores the basket instead of passing/turning it over/falling down then that will work too.

Again I am asking for only one basket. Shouldn't be too hard since Phoenix is not known for their D.

I really think the pg position is really hurting Marvin. He needs someone to get him a few easy baskets right now because his confidence is down. I would like for the team to run a few plays for him early against Phoenix. Since there is no D in Phoenix, we might can get everyone besides JJ, Zaza, and AL looking to score.

Actually Marvin gets several opportunities to score each game but he rarely takes advantage of them. Most of the time he just takes the perimeter jumper even if someone is running at him. That is what bothers me. If someone is running at him he has the speed to put it on the floor and drive easily.

And when he gets a smaller player on him in the post he keeps dribbling instead of just shooting a turnaround right over him.

You're right that's why I want him to get some easy baskets early in the game. If we can get him some baskets in transition maybe that would open him up to be more agressive on the offensive end.

I feel what you are saying with him so tentative when he gets the ball. He plays like if he takes a bad shot he will be yanked from the game.

I am going to reissue my challenge for Marvin for two reasons:

1 He didn't meet it the first time

2 He had his best game after my challenge, just like JJ lol.

I would issue the challenge to someone else but right now it's Marvin that I really want to see produce.