• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

why? oh why?

Nicholasp27

Ivey was 5 for 6 with 4 boards.

He looked really good early last year but then he got hurt. after he came back he never really got his game back. when he didn't play the first few games I figured they had given up on him.

If I remember right he was All-Conference on D in college. The problem was that he played the wing so he isn't a true pg either. However he is tough defensively and if he can score consistently there's no reason not to play him more.

I posted on this subject weeks ago and suggested that a starting backcourt of Ivey and JJ was our best bet. It took Woody most of the season to figure that out. Ivey played very well last night and played good D, for the most part, on the Denver guards. I love Ivey's tenacity and D instincts (did anyone see his steal and layup on the inbound pass?). While Lue hit some big 3s he also gave up alot of points and made some dumb fouls. Ivey is the big combo guard to best partner with JJ. We don't know yet if Ivey could be the long term solution at this point but he is certainly the short term solution. If JJ had not become so flustered with Buckner's D we might have won this game.

• Premium Member

The Ivey that I've been seeing lately looks like the player that started out last season looking good. I remember him coming out of the gates last season looking like a lottery pick. Handling the ball, penetrating, making big shots, making good passes. Then he got hurt?? and when he comes back, he's buried on the bench. If he does continue to be decent, could it be another example of Woody and player development?

He did look very good early last year. By the time he came back from injury Lue had taken over the job and Ivey wasn't playing well in his backup role.

I have a feeling that Woody might have been feeling some heat to play JJ at pg this year as much as possible, which basically cut Ivey out since he would be playing behind Lue.

I would like to see more of Ivey because he is aggressive on offense and is a tough defender.