• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

estarda to dbacks for 2 pithcers

codyatl

I hope the braves know something I don't here(insert joke here). These 2 guys at first glance look like duds. Neither with an era under 5. I read that atl was going to use estrada to make a 3way with dbacks and tampa for baez or lugo. Also read that we were going to send marte to tampa lugo to boston and renteria to atl. A lot of work for atl this offseason. Just like every year. Imagine if tede was still running team. Damn we would be awesome. AOL needs to commit a little more to the salary so we could go out and get some real help in the bullpen.

• Admin

I have no problems with the deal. We need relievers and that's what we got. Estrada was expendable. Our farm system is loaded with catchers.

The renteria/lugo/marte deal is still in teh works. Right now the only holdup is getting Boston to eat some of Renteria's contract. if they do that, he will come here. I hope the deal goes through. Apart from speed on the bases, he will give us everythign that Furcal did.. and he's no slouch on the bases either.

It is a solid deal for both sides. Cormier is 25, and is a dependable releiver. The real steal of the deal though, is the other releiver the Braves got. He had a monstorous 03' season, and has been overused ever scince. Not to mention he is 24.

One of the pitchers we got in the deal; Villarreal was hurt last season and only played in 11 games. After coming back he had a few bad outing which rose his ERA. His career ERA is 3.47. The other guy has only one year major league experience so it could be a good trade for both teams.

These guys are both 'potential' pitchers. They are not DEPENDABLE as someone stated above (lol). Dependable relievers don't post 5+ ERA, nor do they remain injured for an entire year.

These guys have the potential to be good, but they're not quite market value for Estrada. The reason we did this deal was so we wouldn't have to pay an arbitration eligible catcher who would get a few mil after an all-star appearance that might've been a fluke.