• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks offense, Smoove's D

exodus

I have felt from the beginning that the Hawks had shooters and that if they move the ball they can be a good offensive team. We are starting to see that now. The better ball movement is leading to easier looks and now JJ, Al and Lue are starting to heat up. Smith and Zaza should start hitting as long as they don't shoot from too far out.

Unfortunately Marvin and Salim aren't playing as well as I thought they would before the season. If they can get going that will really scramble the defenses and allow Childress more opportunities to go to the basket. Childress can't score on iso's or pick and rolls but he can a lot of easy looks from fast ball movement and defensive rotations.

They just made way too many lazy passes tonight and it cost them the game. If they had made smart passes the refs wouldn't have mattered.

Also today showed why Josh Smith has to be in the game at the end. The No Layup Rule was in effect and anyone driving was going to get punk'd. He got credited for only 3 blocks but I know he had more than that. Plus they called some cheap fouls on him when he stopped their drives.

The second block on Daly was the best. Daly had the ball right underneath and Josh just stood there straight up with his hand in the air. He wasn't going for any fake he was just waiting for the shot. When it came Josh bounced up like a human pogo stick and blocked it routinely, pretty scary since Daly is a very athletic 7-footer.

agree. i luv smoove but he has to learn to protect the rock! his handle is still shaky but i think its just a lack of confidence. at least he isnt hesitatin on his open j. we dont have any great passers but we gotta get him easy buckets. he started off slow but picked it up. we coulda used Zaza on the boards but Smoove played well as 4/5- he held his own against c-webb n dalembert.