• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nets lookng to deal?

xman

According to Sheridan on ESPN:

Nets president Rod Thorn would like to upgrade the power-forward position for an underachieving team that lost by 20 points at Washington on Wednesday night. He has been shopping third-string point guard Zoran Planinic and a pair of first-round picks (the Nets' own and the Clippers'), and the arrival of Dec. 15 will allow him to package one or more of the spare parts (Lamond Murray, Scott Padgett, Jeff McInnis) that New Jersey signed over the summer.

IF those picks (and spare parts and possibly Antoine Wright) is available - do we offer up Al?

Al (6.875)

and possibly DSmith(.64)

for

2 #1 picks (Clips unprotected and NJ protected)

McInnis (3.4) - temporary PG

Planinic (.94)- pg depth

LMurray (1.4) - 1 year deal

Wright (1.46) - 15th pick last year, could develop into a solid SG

If NJ wouldn't deal Wright then some combo of Padgett (1.67) or Cliff Robinson (2.5) could possibly be worked in - but I do not know if NJ would deal Cliffy.

I would probably insist on Wright (and I know all the Al fans would also), and if Wright is in the deal, it may be too much to pass up.

This deal accomplishes 2 goals:

1) More draft picks, (guessing around 25 for clips and 17 for NJ)

2) Lets us develop younger players and lock up a top 4 pick.

i think if were losin Al we gotta get a real good big man to help Z. Ivey n Lue are doin fine at point right now, but neither is a FT starter. and if we get a startin PG Lue or Ivey will go. and rod thorn is a prick- always wants more than what he's giving up (i.e. kmart for 3 #1 picks).