• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks to workout three guards

DrReality

Sometime next week, the Hawks will be working out MaJic Dorsey, Derrick Zimmerman, and TJ Cummings all who play in the D League.

For what? Is one our guards hurt or something?

I really have no clue, one of the three point guards is a friend of mine, and he called me yesterday to inform me this would happen. Maybe they just want to check these guys out incase a trade opens a roster spot.

So that means, we maybe trading one of our guards, if this is true

Anyone know anything about these guys?

Peace.

Cummings is a bum to me and not really a guard. He's Terry Cummings' son, if you remember that guy.

Derrick Zimmerman is an amazing defender with great wingspan, he deserves Royal Ivey's role more than Ivey does. We'll sign him if we're actually looking to sign someone. He'd be a great addition.

This guy is a Harold Ellis find. Ellis is one of the Hawks advanced scouts, and he coached the Rome WBA team during the summer. Dorsey was one of his players and was the WBA MVP, averaging over 27 ppg and around 11 apg on the year.

In his last year of JUCO ball, Dorsey scored 28 ppg and averaged 8.5 apg. He's one of those and1 players who has a patented move called the "Majic Tornado". Harold Ellis spotted him on the and1 tour and told him that he though he could help him find his shot.

I'm betting Ellis has been chewing on Knight's ear to get him to look at Dorsey.

Of course, my guy on this list is Derek Zimmerman. Derek is one hell of an athlete. That guy can jump like nobody's business, and he has proven to be a great distributor of the basketball in the NBDL. His calling card has always been his defense. I went to school with Derek at Mississippi State, so I'd really like to see him sign with the Hawks.