• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trying to read BK

exodus

Right now I have two major issues with BK, the pg issue and Al's situation. Given his statements that getting a pg isn't a priority and that he intends ro resign Al I am inclined to think he is an idiot. However he may have legit reasons to say the things he did.

Let's start with the pg issue. Almost everyone on the board can see the glaring need for a pg, yet BK says getting a pg isn't a priority. How could he not see what we all see?

Maybe he does see it. Even if the Hawks do get a pg they probably won't be serious contenders for at least two more years anyway due to a lack of experience. If the young guys play for awhile without a pg they will have to improve their ball handling, passing and decision making in order to play effectively. In short it may actually accelerate their development.

Am I reaching? Maybe, but that is the only logical reason I can think of.

Next is the Al situation. If you look at the other players he has had and let go he has done right by most of them. Terry, Jackson, Diaw, Walker and Rasheed probably have no complaints about where BK sent them. As far as I know there aren't any players who are upset with where BK sent them.

He may be just trying to be respectful of Al, putting on the face of someone who values Al and wants to keep him. It may be that he has someone specific in mind he wants to get for Al.

We know he wants a big. We also know that the Artest sweepstakes are narrowing, with GS being the favorite now. Who would BK want from them? Most likely Biedrins.

I have seen him a few times and saw him briefly tonight, getting 3 rebounds and a block in 7 minutes. He is younger than Smoove but carries himself like he isn't the least bit intimidated. In fact he looks like he would do the intimidating. He looks to be taller than Zaza, while being just as strong, tough and more athletic.

I bet Biedrins and a pick would be enough for BK to pull the trigger.

Of course I could be wrong about all this and BK could just be clueless, but I hope not.

If BK does not make a deal for Al and he enters next season with Chris Bosh at Center, would you be happy? I use that as an example of what could be going through BK's head. He may not trade Al and let him go this offseason, only to gain more cap space to sign a player that will fit into his vision for this team.

As far as PG's go, I like them, but they are not absolutely necessary. The Heat run their offense through Wade. The Lakers use Kobe. The Bulls used Jordan. If BK can find a player that can defend the PG position, shoot reasonably well and penetrate to the basket, he may have all he needs from the backcourt. (insert shameless plug for Ronnie Brewer).

I may not be comfortable with the scheme, but I still trust BK.

I dont know why you all believe some shhhh he said to a room full of fat season ticket holders. THis is the internet age, the man is starting rumors that Al isnt for sale do he can get more value for him or unlike the posters around here he has a long term plan for the team which isnt obvious. Think about it, he basically said I dont want anyone who isnt going to be a star otherwise I will make due with the BSS PG I already have. Plus its not the end of the world Joe Johnson playing point will only sharpen him as a floor leader and goto guy. So for the next season or even2 let Joe play pouint until we can get a superstar Point gaurd.

Any GM that continues to employ Mike Woodson is not very bright. BK has done nothing to earn trust except to draft away from need and accumulate small forwards. He has no grand plan, despite what some people on this board believe. Al plays no defense and needs to be moved while he still has decent value. Re-signing a vet who leads by playing pitiful defense is a bad move. But, I believe that BK has more bad moves left in him. I'm still waiting for a great move...firing his close friend Woody would do for now.

again the question arises...what do you hope this team/franchise to gain by firing Woody? What are your ideas for a replacement? For the rest of the players during the remainder of the season?

answer these and present something other than...we're losing, so it must be our semi-rookie coach who has one of the youngest teams in the league and one that started the year with one of the toughest schedules in the league...the coaching MUST be the problem!

If you watch this team and think for even one second that they are reasonably coached...then I can't help you. Despite our youth we should be able to play a little defense...we let our opponents shoot almost 50% against us...hard to win unless we shoot lights out which doesn't happen often. Have you seen how confused we are against the pick and roll? Thats coaching. Have you noticed how people get to the rim so easily against us? How nobody helps when somebody is beaten off the dribble? Thats coaching. Have you noticed the lack of movement during key 4th quarter possessions? Thats coaching. Have you noticed how little value the team places on taking care of the ball? Thats coaching. Have you noticed how Woody doesn't work the refs at all? How he just accepts his fate with the officials? Thats coaching.

I could go on ad nauseum. I DON'T CARE WHO THEY GET RIGHT NOW! Let Bender coach on an interim basis but for crying out loud Mike Woodson is HORRIBLE! He is literally the worst coach that I have ever seen. He makes Lon Kruger look like John Wooden. If the Atlanta Spirit had any type of clue at all and if BK wasn't Woody's best buddy we wouldn't be in this situation.