• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AL for O'Neal

bretski33

Its clear the Pacers have not improved over the past 2 season like they were supposed to. Many rumors have them rebuilding and starting over. It's possible they may be listening to offers for Jermaine O'Neal. He would add a tremendous low post presence, which would open up more three point attempts (ATL is currently shooting 38%) and provide much better interior defense. Also, JO is only 27! What do u think it would take to pry him away from Indiana?

Im thinking AL and one of our young forwards...

Quote:

not happening.

they would never trade O'Neal with Al as the best player they get back. O'Neal is a very good first option. Al should be a second option on a good team

I am not sold on O'Neal. No leadership, etc. Not sure his addition here would be what we need.

I think it would take at least Al Harrington, Josh Smith, and our unprotected first this year for the Pacers to even think about trading O'neal (and I would probably do that deal if it were up to me). I wouldn't want to give up Marvin or Joe, though.

Bear with me and fantasize about this lineup for a minute:

G: Salim Stoudamire

G: Joe Johnson

F: Marvin Williams

F: Jermaine O'neal

C: Zaza Pachulia

Bench: Tyronn Lue, Josh Childress, Nene Hilario...

That would be incredible if O'neal could stay healty, surrounding a legit post threat with deadly shooters like Salim, Joe, and Marvin...but it's only a dream...