• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al at the 3?

TnDawg

Someone help me out. I live in west TN, and since the Grizzlies came along my chances to actually watch a Hawks game is lousy. I mostly listen on the NBA-Live radio on the web. We have been playing Al mostly at the 4 right? How often does he play the 3? I know he can play both, but where has Woody been playing him? The reason I asked, is because it has been mentioned that BK will try to sign him to an extension, and I found the following quote by Al:

""Harrington also said he would prefer to play small forward in the future. If he joined the Bulls, the 6-foot-9 forward would be needed at power forward.

“I’d rather play the three,” he said. “But I’ll do whatever it takes for my team to win. That’s another issue in my mind when I’m a free agent. I would like to play a little bit more three, so sometimes I can take advantage of the smaller guys guarding me instead of having to go against guys that are a lot of times bigger than myself.

“We’ll see. I’ve proven I can play both.”

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sportsstory.asp?id=148593

Unless Woody is playing him alot at the 3, this is a hint that Al is actually leaning to signing elsewhere. He doesn't want to play alot of minutes at the 4 and this is his chance to get away from being asked to bang inside, which he hasn't done much of this year anyway.

we don't use positions ... just kidding .... not really

We basically play Al at the 4 at all times on offense. He is the only guy posting up to get the ball on offense (along with zaza sometimes. On D, he typically guards the 4 but it depends. If Smith is in the game, he might guard the 4 and let Al guard the 3. We really don't use conventional rotations. Marvin was playing the knicks' center for an extended stretch tonight, which was crazy but worked.

Long story short, Al plays the 4 for us, but he gets to do a lot of things that 3s do like handle the rock on the perimeter if he wants to