60% of GM's think LA repeats

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I missed the LA repeat part, but it's interesting that:

Shaq, Kobe, Kidd, Duncan, and Tmac are considered the top 5 players in the NBA. Wonder where's Webber, where's KG?, Where's Pierce? Where's Payton?

I think This yr, some things will change.

"More than 60 percent of the general managers believe the Lakers will win a fourth consecutive title this year. The Sacramento Kings finished second with 31 percent."

That's no surprise and neither is the Kings finishing a distant 2nd. What I want to know is who was the other team (teams) that got 9% of the vote? SA? DAL? POR? NJ? Who knows.

• Premium Member

Probably dallas and Nj?

If you are honest about it, the Lakers do not have the most talent anymore. Just shaq, Kobe and some aging vets. I would be very surprised if the Kings or the Mavs does not make it to the finals.

• Premium Member

But if you told me to pick 5 guys out of the NBA regaurdless of positions..

Duncan

Shaq

KG

Payton

Tmac

Bottomline, those are the five BEST players playing.

I like Kidd a whole lot, but Kidd is not a scorer... whereas Payton is a scorer, defender, and he does alright as a distributer.

I don't think that Kobe is better than Tmac.

I don't think that Kobe or Kidd is better than KG. Say what you want. Take about him not getting it done... Subtract Kobe, add KG and you still have 5 rings for shaq. IN fact, you have the most dominant duo in the history of the game.

same goes for Duncan. Nobody is better than Duncan. IN fact, overall, Duncan is the best player in the game. He does it on both ends of the floor and the offense can run through him.

Tmac is a great player. I don't see many other players that play offense and defense better. Kobe falls short because Kobe's defense is not in the same League as Tmac's. Nor has Kobe had the opportunity to lead a team.

Actually, I don't think KG is either. I can see Duncan being 2nd and you can make a strong argument for T Mac being 3rd (I think he and Kobe are about the same). The bottom line is that you can hate all you want on Kobe but T Mac hasn't lead the Magic anywhere. Hell, they couldn't even beat the Hornets. You think the Magic wouldn't make the playoffs in the EC if T Mac and Kobe switched places? Please! Besides, who am I supposed to believe, 100% of the NBA's GMs who say that Kobe is top 5 (Only 61% said T Mac was by the way) or you? Kobe not top 5? Give me a break!

Kidd is better than Payton,besides one year

Gary has also been a negitive on his team.

GP is a good PG but a step below Kidd.

Kidd can make any player that is really

talented enough to play in the NBA look

good.Even without the Nets having all

that made 3pt threats.Guys like Andre

had shooters that made shots at a high

percentage and that's why Cleveland was

still a boring team.HOWEVER the way Kidd

boards( He's a better rebounder than Payton)

and can run the fast break better is fun to

watch.

Kidd will hit the defensive board and run the

ball down court.He is really the only PG that

can do the things he does.Stockton is a half

court PG,Andre is also.

About tmac and Kobe...at times when Hill is

on the floor Tmac seems to lose his aggressiveness

and this doesn't happen with Kobe.

• Premium Member

Kobe vs. KG and you take Kobe?? What the hell are you smoking?

Kobe vs. Payton and you take Kobe. It's a close call but that 22 ppg, 9 apg, 4.5 rpg and being his team leader and for a while their sole double digit scorer makes all the difference in the world.

The problem that you and I have about Kobe is that you say Kobe is better than Guys who have proven that they can carry a team. All the times when I have seen Kobe being targeted on defense he has disappeared. (Lakers Philly Finals, watch it carefully, Lakers Blazers during the Lakers first title run... Smith and Pip did a job of Kobe. Lakers vs. Kings this past yr... Why couldn't Kobe stop Bibby?) Watch the early part of the yr when the Lakers will be without Shaq and teams will sink their defensive double teams on Kobe... Then let's talk. Until Kobe has faced constant double teams like KG and Payton have, there is no need in putting him in the same arena and the same breath as these two.

• Premium Member

Kidd... 14 pts, 9.9 apg, 7.3 rpg

Payton.... 22 pts, 9.0 apg, 4.5 apg.

and you think that Kidd is a step above Payton? How?

Don't get me wrong, I like Kidd as much as the next guy. However, I think that truth is that Payton gets a raw deal. Especially now. People like to judge Payton based on what he should be doing. They say: Well in 2 yrs he's going to hit a wall. Well, he's got a negative attitude. Well, he's this and that.

On the court however, He's better. Slightly, but better. I think he gets a bad deal simply because people don't like him. But if JT could average the type of numbers that GP averages, we'd be trying to get him votes for MVP.

As far as him hitting a wall in 2 yrs, you guys said that 3 yrs ago. The man keeps going out and playing the game. One other thing... IN all these comparisons, make sure you look at the FG%. Kidd has never been too good at scoring. However, this past yr, Payton put up a FG% of 46.1 %. That's good for a shooter.

Payton scores more but that is it.There are

things a player can provide that doesn't show

up on paper.

He's got him on the boards/assist and probably

steals aswell and got him on leadership.

Payton defense has been starting to slip.

Not to mention that when Kidd hits the boards

and runs the ball down court he gives his team

a better chance to score.

You are such a hater that is not even funny.Kobe

is better than KG.I'm tired of hearing Mr."I'm

not paid enough"talk about how he has no help...

well if he didn't hog the teams cap he might have

alittle more help.

Double teams that is the only thing you really have

isn't it?

It id debatable who is the better player,but you

hate on Kobe alittle too much.

" Lakers vs. Kings this past yr... Why couldn't Kobe

stop Bibby?) "

Kobe is a SG and Bibby is PG.

How does Kobe get voted onto 2nd all-defensive team last season (with the most votes, 12, of anyone not making the first team) if he doesn't play D?

FYI - the break down was

ALL-DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM

Player Team Points 1st Team Votes

Tim Duncan San Antonio 40 17

Kevin Garnett Minnesota 27 10

Ben Wallace Detroit 51 24

Gary Payton Seattle 47 20

Jason Kidd New Jersey 37 15

NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM

Player Team Points 1st Team Votes

Bruce Bowen San Antonio 21 6

Clifford Robinson Detroit 14 5

Dikembe Mutombo Philadelphia 27 9

Kobe Bryant L.A. Lakers 32 12

Doug Christie Sacramento 25 7

~TMac recieved 1 first team votes and had 8 points total.

• Premium Member

Exhange Payton for Kidd and I think Payton takes NJ just as far as Kidd did. Again, What about the FG%? I like Kidd a lot but 39.1% from the field is not top 5. You say Payton scores more but that's it as if Kidd is that much more better than Payton.

I love Kidd's game but Payton Scores about 8 more ppg, he hits about 7% more of his shots and he gets 9 apg and 4.5 rpg to Kidd's 9.9 apg, 7.3 rpg. You can try to make a case for intangibles but there really is not one. Payton is just better. It's close but 8 points and 7% is huge.

• Premium Member

What are you smoking?

21, 12, and 5. Enuff said. I won't even talk about KG's defense and ability to carry a team.

What has Kobe done besides ride sidekick to Shaq??

He better read Pippens Book about riding in the passenger side.

• Premium Member

The GM's of the NBA have no track record but the draft. Do you know how many GM's pass up good talent in the draft? What do they really know? I mean do you think Scott Layden is a GM who can pick out talent? What about all these jokers who passed up on Tinsley, Pierce, or even the 12 that let Kobe Slide.

If you're saying that they were right in putting Kobe ahead of KG (22pts, 12rebs, 5apg, and 1.6bpg) then you are foolish.

The good news is that NOW their picks are on the record and now we can look back and see who is right and who is wrong.