• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We should give Alvin Jones a Look.

Diesel

Could possibly happen but I don't want

Spree on the team NO MATTER WHAT.No

exceptions.

We are overpaying for a starting center aswell

because he will only play half the games.

Sorry Diesel but I think DJ is gone.He probably

will be playing for somebody else because we

will not be able to pick up his option.

Here's 3 configurations it works....Looks like Alan Henderson (or Demarr Johnson) would have to be in the deal to make it work....not sure I'm o.k. with that. I'd rather give up Nazr who has the longer contract. My thoughts in doing this are to help us resign JT. I do not want to lose JT....period. As far as Hotlanta Dude goes. You have to make sacrifices to get anywhere. Latrell is a player....rather you would "want him" here or not, he's a player...a real player. You would have to give up something to get something...New York doesn't want him...not because he's a bad player or even because he's a bad influence but because they have a copy of him in A.H. They need other players and to rebuild.

Atlanta trades: PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.2 minutes)

C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26.4 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SF Latrell Sprewell (19.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.9 apg in 41.1 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +4.2 ppg, -7.9 rpg, and +3.1 apg.

New York trades: SF Latrell Sprewell (19.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.9 apg in 41.1 minutes)

New York receives: PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26 games)

C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 82 games)

Change in team outlook: -4.2 ppg, +7.9 rpg, and -3.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Atlanta trades: PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.2 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 18.7 minutes)

SF Dion Glover (8.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 apg in 21.0 minutes)

PG Emanual Davis (6.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 26.7 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SF Latrell Sprewell (19.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.9 apg in 41.1 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -9.0 ppg, -9.2 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

New York trades: SF Latrell Sprewell (19.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.9 apg in 41.1 minutes)

New York receives: PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26 games)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 7 games)

SF Dion Glover (8.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 apg in 55 games)

PG Emanual Davis (6.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 29 games)

Change in team outlook: +9.0 ppg, +9.2 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Atlanta trades: C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26.4 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 18.7 minutes)

SF DerMarr Johnson (8.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.0 minutes)

PG Emanual Davis (6.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 26.7 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -12.7 ppg, -13.7 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

New York receives: C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 82 games)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 7 games)

SF DerMarr Johnson (8.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 72 games)

PG Emanual Davis (6.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 29 games)

Change in team outlook: +12.7 ppg, +13.7 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Spree is a headache but Nazr/Hendu for Spree? How does that help NY? Nazr and Hendu's contracts run at least as long as Spree's.

If DJ were healthy, I could see NY taking a chance on Nazr/DJ/CC/Davis for Spree if we threw in an unprotected #1 pick but with DJ being injured, no way they pull the trigger on that deal either.

Besides, if NY is willing to trade Spree for Nazr/Hendu after they supposedly turned down a Spree for Big Dog deal, that is more than enough evidence for me to know that something is wrong.

How does Nazr/Hendu for Spree help NY...The 4 best big men for NY after the McDyess injury are: Michael Doleac, Travis Knight, Kurt Thomas and Othella Harrington.

Nazr and Hendu are better than any of the 4. This team was counting on McDyess to resurrect their game inside 12 feet. Now they're horrible...absolutely horrible.

But the team has Eisley, Anderson, Houston, Ward and Weatherspoon...they can afford to let Spree go...this team is a poor man's Buck's in desperate need of a low post game and better chemistry...but if all that isn't enough, room for Lebron James. Without Spree this team is officially the worst in the NBA and has a real shot at the LeBron James for saviour sweepstakes. I wouldn't want to give up both Hendu and Nazr for him but you said what's in it for NY.

Plus remember, we get Spree and sign Alvin Jones in the deal. In my humble opinion, what's wrong with Alvin Jones is "Larry Brownitis". He's killed more young players than anyone....Lenny included. Alvin will never be a star in the NBA but a 7 foot leaper is impossible to find...he should be blocking reserves shots all day long and pulling boards against small NBA backup centers in bunches. We have ton's of offense on this team now...but a defensive stopper on the second unit would be fantastic and being a reserve would give him the freedom to play extremely agressive. I think I'd do this deal.

Nazr or Hendu. An argument could be made that Nazr is more of a true Center than Thomas but Thomas is the better player and I trade Nazr for him in a heartbeat. As for Hendu, he's not as good as Thomas either.

As for Weatherspoon, he's really more of a PF (though he's undersized) than a SF and he's every bit as good if not better than Hendu. In fact, when Spoon was a starter back in Philly, he was a pretty good player. He averaged 18 ppg and 10 rbg in his 2nd season and was very productive throughout his Philly career until AI came along and started taking away his shots. AI SHOULD have taken those shots but no doubt his presence impacted Spoon's production.

Eisley, Anderson, Houston, Ward and Weatherspoon don't make Spree expendable. Spree is light years better than any of them except Houston. Saying those guys make Spree expendable is like saying we don't need Reef because we have Nazr, Hendu, CC and Theo.

Are you saying that NY should give away Spree so that they can enter the LeBron James sweepstakes? Trust me, they don't need to get rid of Spree to enter that contest, they're already in!

As for Alvin Jones, he's out there. We don't need to get rid of anybody to sign him if we think he's worth a damn. With all the teams out there who need a Center (including the Knicks) not reaching out to sign him, I just don't see him as much of an impact player. I liked Alvin at GT but I don't envision him being able to come in and be anywhere near the player Nazr is, at least for a while.

As for the deal, I'm not a big Sprewell fan but if we could get him for Nazr/Hendu, I wouldn't be upset. I just can't imagine NY pulling the trigger on that deal. Two career backups for a guy who played in the All Star game just 2 years ago? I just can't see it.