• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks should sign Derrick Zimmerman

KB21

He's playing in the NBDL right now. Derrick is a 6'3" point guard that can flat out defend. He's a terrific athlete with tremendous hops and long arms. When he was at Mississippi State, he averaged over a block a game from the point guard position, and that was due to his tremendous leaping ability.

He was a second round pick a couple of years ago, and he hasn't stuck in the league yet. This is one reason I don't like guaranteed contracts, because those damn things keep guys like Derrick out of the league when there is absolutely no reason he shouldn't have a spot on an NBA roster.

I believe that Derrick fits the style of play that Billy Knight is wanting to employ, and he also fits Woody's mindset as he is a tremendous defender at the point guard position.

The Hawks had him in for a workout not long ago, so I hope they are keeping their eye on him. With Lue out for 4-6 weeks, it wouldn't be a bad time to give Derrick a 10-day contract. I guarantee that if the Hawks gave him a 10-day deal, they'd eventually sign him for the rest of the season. There is no doubt in my mind that Derrick can play in the NBA.