• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For the Chris Paul 2nd guessers

GST

Did you know that in the major team offensive categories, The Hawks are better than the Hornets in PPG (95.78 vs. 93.00), FG%(.451 vs. .443), 3PT%(.383 vs. .353), FT%(.761 vs. .752), and APG!!!(18.78 vs. 18.50). You may argue that NO is a better team than ATL, that is true, but the reason for it is because NO plays better defense than we do. Do you really think Chris Paul brings so much of a defensive presence that he would have made us better defensively, had we taken him instead of Marvin?

Paul seem to be getting injured a lot recently. He is throwing himself around as AI does from what I am hearing.

Chris Paul (ribs) shot 0-for-3 from the floor tonight before leaving in the third quarter with an injured shoulder.

Paul finished with one point and seven assists and is now questionable for the festivities during All-Star weekend. He slammed into Ha Seung-Jin with 6:17 left in the third and remained on the floor for a few moments. He left the contest and put ice on the injured shoulder on the sidelines, then pulled his warmup top over his jersey and remained on the bench for the rest of the game. He's now sustained tailbone, rib and shoulder injuries in each of the past few games.

MW24 - ditto. I have my biased issues with Paul, but I don't doubt his toughness.

He'll be fine as long as he avoids major injury.

I think Paul's success has had a lot to do with Paul's play, and its also had a lot to do with his team improving independently of him, due to their own hard work.

If we can't have Paul, give us Speedy.

• Admin

he doesn't throw himself around and he's not injury prone. The guy went up for a layup and got JACKED UP. He came down very hard and hurt his ribs/shoulder. It could happen to anyone. He is in no way injury prone.

As for their team, he is the catalyst for EVERYTHING they do. He has set the tone that they play by even when he's not in the game. NO also has some good defensive players who lead them on D and set the tone at that end of the floor. It is not all about Chris Paul. But he is responsible for the majority of their improvement.

Quote:

he doesn't throw himself around

That isn't entirely true. Their offense is lame. As the season has progressed Paul's solution, when the clock is running down, is to take it to the basket, creating for himself or someone else.

His ball handling skills are such that he can get past almost anyone guarding him. The downside is that you take a beating. He will probably end up wearing a lot of protection on his body

Quote:

Here's a stat for you. NO/OK is 28-23.

I am not criticizing Paul if that is what you are implying. I have seen a lot of their games and I would certainly love to have him here.

However their offense isn't that good. Paul has to carry a lot of the load himself, too much really.

He has to accomplish a lot more before I will compare him to Isiah, who is one of the all time greats and certainly better than any pg that has played recently other than Stockton and Magic.